Using what I've learned from the Brethren

Kanco Connection

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Had several guys over last night, so I cooked a few things for 'em. On the menu was a 3# tomahawk, 2 racks of SLS ribs, 2 fatties, some random chicken breasts, Keri's Hog Apple Beans, 2 versions of slaw, brownies and cake. The kettle and the PBC got some good work in.

Here's the thing. I realized after the cook that (other than the desserts) every single thing I cooked has been influenced and improved in some very significant ways by what I've learned on this site. A few examples:

-Had never even heard of a fatty
-Guidance on how to tell when ribs are done
-Tomahawk strategy, including Carne Crosta rub
-How to make beans great
-Temperature control of my kettle and PBC
-Brining options for different meats
-What and how much smoke for which cook
-etc, etc, etc--I could go on....

Anyway, cooking for my buddies is how I care for them, so pretty neat to have a site that helps me do that at another level.

*And yes, the guys went wild for the feast! There was much satisfaction and rejoicing at my house last night. Kudos to the Brethren. That's all. Carry on.
FJB9it4h.jpg

You’ve said a mouthful and I agree with every one of them though I have yet to try a cowboy ribeye or the Carne Crosta Rub. Your cooks are really good.

I think you've expressed what a lot of us feel. This forum has made me a better cook. Use the theories, recipes, and methods I've learned here every day...even when not doing BBQ.

And, you've put it to the best use possible...feeding your friends and family. Nothing better!

That's where it's at - nicely done! :clap2:

Yeah, I can't even imagine what my cooks and gatherings would be like without this place. The amount of knowledge that is shared here - by some pretty cool farkers, btw - is truly mind-blowing.

Thanks! Yeah, I don't really use my old sources of Q knowledge all that much anymore. So much good stuff here. The PBCAT got me hooked, then expanded reading from there.

Oh man, the beans were phenomenal! The guys were taken off-guard since they look kinda gross. But man, so good. Definitely give it a try. You can cuss me if they disappoint.

Well done, Brother Kanco!

You sure did lay out a feast for your friends.

Completely agree on all the stuff I've learned from the crazy (and kind) buggers among The Brethren.

Keep on rockin', brother.

Thanks! Some of you folks who posted here are the ones I've directly learned from and continue to learn from.

Back