BEST dang shrimp!

S

smknhotmama

I had this over the weekend...I know I know...”If ya ain't got pictures it didn't happen”...But I didn't make it! But I will and soon and PROMISE PRON.
Geeze-Peeza it was excellent! The possibilities, over salad with black bean corn relish, in a pasta salad, beside a steak, as an appetizer.
I wanted to share what I beat out of the cook:

1/4 C olive oil
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp chopped cilantro leaves
1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
1 tsp salt
1 tsp light brown sugar or honey
1 tsp ground cumin
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
Juice of 1 lime
2 pounds large shrimp, peeled

Whisk to combine all ingredients except the shrimp in a large bowl. Add shrimp, toss, let sit for at least 10-15 minutes. Skewer and grill to your liking.

If you try it let me know what you think!

Sounds delicous. I went last Saturday and got 100# of large/ex-large shrimp from a buddy of mine(swapped him a UDS i made) who is a commercial shrimper. Now i know what i'll try this weekend.:biggrin:

sounds like a great recipe - will try it soon and let ya know- thanks for sharing.:wink:

I know this is old, but I made this the other day and it was some of the best grilled shrimp I have had...

You rock for stealing this Shawn! :)

Can you leave out the olive oil if the shrimp is already covered in crude?

All joking aside, I'll have to make this for the wife. I can't stand seafood of any kind...

It has some bite to it if you are adverse to the heat, but I'm not and the shrimp were GREAT!

Back