KCBS Says Cheating Better Than Offending TOTY

Iny previous post, I posited that perhaps, based upon the reactions here, that Daniel deserves a 3 year suspension, but then, certainly the official that broke his contract surely deserves at least the same.

I kinda agree , Dmp , A slap on the wrist , his understudy ..gone for a LONG time! Rep, gone forever.

I just hate to see any excuse for the action that I belive we all see as wrong (pron in front of children).

Dmp, let it go. Apeal and Ill back you on the whole apron thing. Bash eveyone and all connected to the KCBS and you will stand alone. Some on here have made very valid points. You actually did sign the contract as the "guy". Me, I hope I dont ruin it for those that help me out. Do well and I hope we meet under the big tent!

I have no dog in this fight, but as a member I would like for someone from KCBS to respond with their side of the story. The continued silence isn't good. Even if the goal is to appear to take the high road by not responding, that's not how it will be perceived by most.

Again, I'm not on either side here, but people have expressed in this thread that they have concerns about getting involved with KCBS due to this. I am more than willing to hear out the BOD on this, but someone has to be willing to give their side.

Last edited:
Like many, I feel that this thread may have run its course. Those who thought I was a jerk last week still do. Those who thought I got shafted still do. My goal here was not to change any of those opinions. There seem to be a reasonable number of people who smell something rotten in the KCBS version of Denmark when it comes to these situations, and it's not the Tony Stone Low and Slow Competition. Honestly, I think that's a good thing. It's not that I'm on any kind of mission to hurt the KCBS and am looking for conflict. Hell, like I said, I only found out about this by coincidence, buy if people involved with cheating are let back into the KCBS so easily, I think you should ask the questions if you give a damn about your BBQ society.

I can't promise that I won't post on this thread again. Some people always have to get in the last word, and there may be a legitimate question or two, but like I said, there's really not much more here. Either you think it makes perfect sense to issue a three year ban for inappropriate clothing and a one year ban for cheating, or you don't. If you think it's suspect, either you'll stand up, ask questions, and wait for answers, or you'll just stay quiet and avoid making waves. Either way, it's your BBQ society. You pay $12 to them every time you compete. You potentially give them $35 a year so that you can claim to be certified or make yourself feel better. Some of you even accept money from them for your children's education or charitable causes. Decide how important this is to you.

I'll say one last thing here: When I started this thread, I had no idea who this rep was or what relationships he had with KCBS beyond rep duties. It's since come up that he or some one with his name is a business partner of the KCBS. I'm honestly surprised that so few people here thought that fact deserved more attention, but on the face of it to me, that looks improper as hell.

Thanks for your time. Good luck to those competing tonight, and I honestly hope that each of you can look yourselves in the mirror before you go to bed and not feel ashamed. I can.

dmp

dmprantz; said:
You potentially give them $35 a year so that you can claim to be certified or make yourself feel better. Some of you even accept money from them for your children's education or charitable causes. Decide how important this is to you.

I honestly hope that each of you can look yourselves in the mirror before you go to bed and not feel ashamed. I can.

dmp

I'm sorry........that is terribly insulting to every honest member of KCBS who pay their money and give their support to the BBQ community every weekend.

To imply giving the KCBS money or taking charity money from them for your kids is a bad thing or that in ANY way shape or form you should somehow be ashamed of this and not be able to look yourself in the mirror is an undeserved slap in the face to thousands of good people.

This is embarrassing.

Atlasman, I have no idea why you are so involved in this thread. I am definitely an outsider looking in, but sincerely hope you know more than the rest of us here on the Brethren. Are you personally tied in to either side of the situation? Honestly, I want to know?

I have my opinions, as do the rest of the Brethren, on both sides of the OP's opening statement. DMP's ban is old news and not one that is fully supported (I don't support it). I also have opinions on the allegedly illegal scores. Constructive analysis.....it works.

In short, are you just stirring the pot or do you have something to legitimately offer? IMO, you have definitely made a name for yourself here on the Brethren site....and not so much in a good way.

Welcome to the site, but c'mon bro.....enough already.

Atlasman, I have no idea why you are so involved in this thread. I am definitely an outsider looking in, but sincerely hope you know more than the rest of us here on the Brethren. Are you personally tied in to either side of the situation? Honestly, I want to know?

I have my opinions, as do the rest of the Brethren, on both sides of the OP's opening statement. DMP's ban is old news and not one that is fully supported (I don't support it). I also have opinions on the allegedly illegal scores. Constructive analysis.....it works.

In short, are you just stirring the pot or do you have something to legitimately offer? IMO, you have definitely made a name for yourself here on the Brethren site....and not so much in a good way.

Welcome to the site, but c'mon bro.....enough already.

Easy on the drama dude.........it's a BBQ thread where some people disagreed.

Not the end of the world man :-D

Easy on the drama dude.........it's a BBQ thread where some people disagreed.

Not the end of the world man :-D

These are my favorite type of comments on any internet forum of any subject matter. Where after a person posts so much to stir the pot to cause obvious drama/arguing, then they are the ones to tell another person to go easy on the drama. Like they aren't the ones who in fact helped contribute to said drama and are clearly worked up themselves. I totally see what you did there and applaud your cunning ways :clap2::rolleyes:. You have definitely taken the high ground for all of this entire thread and not tried, even for one millisecond, to cause drama at all...........:drama:

These are my favorite type of comments on any internet forum of any subject matter. Where after a person posts so much to stir the pot to cause obvious drama/arguing, then they are the ones to tell another person to go easy on the drama. Like they aren't the ones who in fact helped contribute to said drama and are clearly worked up themselves. I totally see what you did there and applaud your cunning ways :clap2::rolleyes:. You have definitely taken the high ground for all of this entire thread and not tried, even for one millisecond, to cause drama at all...........:drama:

Disagreement and drama are not the same.

Disagreement and drama are not the same.

Oh yeah. I definitely agree........ And again what you did there, I see it. We'll just keep it between us.......wink wink.

4814014643_b2e1da67c5_z_zpsfb83d6d2.jpg

I'm going to go suck on some of those dry rib bones I have in the kitchen, since all the life has been sucked out of this thread ;)

please for the love of all that is good, lock this farkin thread.

there's no benefit in further dragging either dan or KCBS through the mud.

mistakes were made, an anomoly sited. further discussion may be needed, but not under this thread.

Wanna have some fun? Block Dan and Atlas and reread the thread... Makes little sense, but less ill will...

The apron incident was an example of bad judgement that offended people due to the sexual nature of the situation.

The score falsifying incident, while also an example of bad judgement, was a form of cheating by the Contest Representative. The Contest Representative's primary responsibility is to oversee the event from a rules & judging perspective and to assure fair & equal enforcement of all sanctioning body rules and policies.

In my opinion, the apron incident deserved a 1 year ban with the option of reinstatement and the falsifying incident deserved a lifetime ban with no option of reinstatement.

Cheating and cheaters should not be tolerated.

Back