Cornmeal Pig Candy

Greendriver

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I think you’ll like this lil variation on Pig Candy here – make a wet paste with cornmeal, brown sugar, red pepper flakes and for the liquid use Balsamic Vinegar. Using the back of a spoon coat the first side of the bacon and place each slice on a tray and coat the 2nd side. Cook at 250 right on the grill grates (indirect) till fat is rendered and it will firm up some when cooled but not to a crisp stage but don’t worry it is still good. I think I remember seeing a video of a restaurant somewhere that batters their bacon and deep fries it to serve with biscuits and gravy. This would be good deep fried as well.

SDC11585.jpg

SDC11588.jpg

I just made my first batch of Pig Candy at a pre-competition cook and everyone that ate some went absolutely berserk. Two large trays gone before I could bat an eye. I was an instant celebrity as nobody had ever heard of it or had any. I will definitely have to try this version. Amazing what I have learned from this forum. I am a Brethern for life. Did I mention my Fatties or Moink Balls? How do I get a Moink Ball certification? I think I remember ready a post when I first joined that the certification process had been discontinued. Is this true? Maybe we should start a Pig Candy certification. Guess you can't tell I'm excited! I'll shut up now.

Good work! :thumb:
Still working on a better version of my pig candy recipe but, this variation is very cool and makes me want to try it as well.

That looks/sounds insanely delicious! Thank you Greendriver.:-D

Oh my....... that does sound good..... thanx for sharing :thumb:

Back