Creekstone Farm Prime Brisket Sale

I keep reading from people on here that Franklin gets his briskets from creekstone, but I have never read that anywhere else. I have read that Franklin says that there isn't enough cows from his supplier to open another restaurant, so that is why there will only be 1 Franklin BBQ. Where are you guys getting that he buys them from creekstone?

1.) I seen them in his cooler at the restaurant.
2.) The area rep (my area) for Creekstone showed me one of his standing weekly orders.
3.) There are some YouTube videos that you can spot them in if you know what to look for.

Thanks to the OP for providing the link. I’ve always been wanting to try Creekstone briskets. I picked up 2 and they were delivered the other day. 1 one the briskets was partially thawed, not much, which isn’t a big deal to me, however it was clear the cryovac pack was damaged and there was air in the package. I’m just curious if it’s still ok? I had planned to thaw them and wet age bot of them, but with this one it doesn’t seem like that would be possible. I’m totally ok with calling an audible and just smoking it this weekend after letting it completely thaw. I have wrapped it in plastic wrap (I don’t have a food save to reseal).

Sorry for the long post! Haha just looking to see if people think it’s ok, or of this has happened to anyone with frozen briskets before. Usually get unfrozen from RD.

Untitled by C Lasko, on Flickr

Without knowing how the plastic was compromised and for how long, I'd probably just cook it this weekend and not bother wet aging it. In reality it probably happened during shipping and would probably be fine, but if any contaminate got in there it might ruin your wet age.

I keep reading from people on here that Franklin gets his briskets from creekstone, but I have never read that anywhere else. I have read that Franklin says that there isn't enough cows from his supplier to open another restaurant, so that is why there will only be 1 Franklin BBQ. Where are you guys getting that he buys them from creekstone?

I just finished reading his manifesto last week. I'll double check when I get home, but I'm 99.99% positive Franklin states in his book that he uses Creekstone briskets.

I would cook it, I'd never wet age if the cryo was damaged. Mine should be here today and I'll be smoking mine this weekend

Thanks to the OP for providing the link. I’ve always been wanting to try Creekstone briskets. I picked up 2 and they were delivered the other day. 1 one the briskets was partially thawed, not much, which isn’t a big deal to me, however it was clear the cryovac pack was damaged and there was air in the package. I’m just curious if it’s still ok? I had planned to thaw them and wet age bot of them, but with this one it doesn’t seem like that would be possible. I’m totally ok with calling an audible and just smoking it this weekend after letting it completely thaw. I have wrapped it in plastic wrap (I don’t have a food save to reseal).

Sorry for the long post! Haha just looking to see if people think it’s ok, or of this has happened to anyone with frozen briskets before. Usually get unfrozen from RD.

I wouldn't worry about Clasko. O e rec'd one or two like that. They get destroyed during delivery. I've had one delivered with the styrofoam cooler broken and package on its side when it CLEARLY states on the box which side has to be up and that it's FRAGILE. If they don't break the styrofoam cooler they would arrive frozen with the dry ice still in tact.

Getting mine today.

My wife called, mine is here, leaky cryo and it leaked through to the outside box cause the Styrofoam was broken. Not an issue for this one since I plan to smoke this weekend but I like to wet age my briskets and can't when they come like this. This has happened a couple of times before with them, I am not sure what they could do to make it better but maybe at least a higher density cryovac would help

My wife called, mine is here, leaky cryo and it leaked through to the outside box cause the Styrofoam was broken. Not an issue for this one since I plan to smoke this weekend but I like to wet age my briskets and can't when they come like this. This has happened a couple of times before with them, I am not sure what they could do to make it better but maybe at least a higher density cryovac would help

I think FedEx will manage to still sure it up

https://youtu.be/MgInOtxIkyU

Well, sorry yours came like that, but happy to hear I’m not alone. Hahaha :-D Happy brisket smoking this weekend!

I just finished reading his manifesto last week. I'll double check when I get home, but I'm 99.99% positive Franklin states in his book that he uses Creekstone briskets.

I may be wrong about his book. He mentions Creekstone—but I can’t find where he states that he uses them.

My briskets came in still frozen and all in tact. So, these were supposed to be 14lb briskets but as always Creekstone overdelivers. My final cost 4.67/lb. No complaints as usual.

Brisket 1 @ 15.75lbs

1WU1xxmh.jpg

Brisket 2 @ 18.5 lbs

XLI8eSYh.jpg

Look at the point on this baby

C9mYOMah.jpg

I may be wrong about his book. He mentions Creekstone—but I can’t find where he states that he uses them.

Texas Monthly BBQ Editor Daniel Vaughn wrote an article where AF says he purchases Creekstone all natural Brisket.

I would imagine a Google search using Texas Monthly + Creekstone + Franklin + Vaughn will get you to the article. It’s 3-4 years old but like all Daniel Vaughn BBQ essays they’re packed with information in short reads.

When you think of the BBQ Big Bang that’s taken effect the last several years I guess things could change in sourcing Brisket. Currently? I just don’t know.

My briskets came in still frozen and all in tact. So, these were supposed to be 14lb briskets but as always Creekstone overdelivers. My final cost 4.67/lb. No complaints as usual.

Brisket 1 @ 15.75lbs

1WU1xxmh.jpg

Brisket 2 @ 18.5 lbs

XLI8eSYh.jpg

Look at the point on this baby

C9mYOMah.jpg

Nice! I've always been treated well by them also when it comes to getting what you paid for.

I believe that the Creekstone Primes make the best burnt ends of any briskets that I've tasted.

Does the fact that these briskets have been frozen affect the quality? It’s kind of a turn off for me, but who knows.

Does the fact that these briskets have been frozen affect the quality? It’s kind of a turn off for me, but who knows.

The first couple years that I cooked comps, I could buy hand selected CS primes for $80/brisket. :clap2:

I would thaw them and age for 40 days, I had one that had a broken crov, so at a comp I cooked it and an aged CS. I'm not sure which one was turned in, because both were awesome. If I remember correct, 3rd place in a field of 50.

Flash frozen hurts nothing, we can be here all day discussing the pro and cons of freezing them normally. Hell I fill them full of phosphates anyway...:icon_blush::becky:

Back