Creekstone Farm Prime Brisket Sale

Sako, do you notice much difference between these and the ones Costco sells??

Pat,

The Creekstone Farms briskets are generally Angus and I definitely prefer Angus over regular. Now is there Wagyu type of difference between Creekstone prime or Costco Prime? No. Angus def tastes better but not by a whole heck of a lot where the difference is super noticable like Wagyu.

On that note, the Costco CAB Primes are killer but there's so much CAB Prime that can go around. I always check for the CAB brand stamp. Those are a steal for the $.

Sako, do you notice much difference between these and the ones Costco sells??

I'm not Sako, but I'll give my two cents.....yes there is a difference, I'll quote their site....

"Hand Selected Black Angus Cattle......
Black Angus cattle have long been known to create beef that is tenderer with a superior flavor. Most Black Angus programs select their cattle solely on hide color. Our cattle are hand-selected to be the best of the best and represent true Black Angus genetics. Only 1 in 100 cattle represents the Creekstone Brand!"

They do have their own processing plant that is unique to say the least.

Creekstone definitely has some nice stuff, but for the price I don't notice enough of a difference vs Costco Primes or even Restaurant Depot Superior CAB (Choice). $80 for a 14Lb brisket is putting it right at $5.71/Lb and that's pretty high.

I've ordered multiple briskets from Creekstone before and all have been good quality so there's really no complaints in that area.

I've certainly ordered competition briskets from them that were always of superb quality.

Haven't tried these as of yet...

Creekstone definitely has some nice stuff, but for the price I don't notice enough of a difference vs Costco Primes or even Restaurant Depot Superior CAB (Choice). $80 for a 14Lb brisket is putting it right at $5.71/Lb and that's pretty high.

I've ordered multiple briskets from Creekstone before and all have been good quality so there's really no complaints in that area.

I hear you. Pretty expensive for brisket even at the sale price but CF briskets have been consistent in quality being well sized, trimmed and marbled compared to Costco. I mean not a big deal if you're not competing but still.

They always overdeliver also, like when I ordered two 11lb brisket and rec'd one at 15lbs and the other at 20lbs. Or when they ran out of tri tip so they threw in an extra one at no cost. Really a good experience with all my orders.

I've certainly ordered competition briskets from them that were always of superb quality.

Haven't tried these as of yet...

These are not comp grade but we'll worth it for backyard . Aaron Franklin is they're #1 brisket customer for his joint for a reason IMHO. :-D

CAB Choice is $3.10 today...up a little from the $2.8x the last time i checked. Eastern NC for regional comparison.

I hear you. Pretty expensive for brisket even at the sale price but CF briskets have been consistent in quality being well sized, trimmed and marbled compared to Costco. I mean not a big deal if you're not competing but still.

They always overdeliver also, like when I ordered two 11lb brisket and rec'd one at 15lbs and the other at 20lbs. Or when they ran out of tri tip so they threw in an extra one at no cost. Really a good experience with all my orders.
I didn't have good experiences with them. Shorted me meat for a comp and then took a week to get it to me. I was glad I started the process a week early.

I visited Creekstone Farms a couple of weeks ago. I spoke with some nice people who worked up front.
The previous owner Sun Capital, based in Florida, sold Creekstone Farms to the Marubeni Corp of Japan. The actual "farms" or ranches who raise the animals are located across the U.S..
Creekstone Farms is a packing plant. Semi trucks loaded with cattle were arriving on one end of the plant and freezer units were being loaded on the other side. She did say they process around 1,400 head per day.

jvr7O55.jpg

AaecChs.jpg

a3YVlzZ.jpg

V2Csf4r.jpg

MTXwdLZ.jpg

She said they do not sell meat at the plant but you can place an order and pick it up in a week. She also gave me the address of a place in Arkansas City that sells their beef. I checked it out. WB Meats, http://www.wbmeats.com/
They were super nice and had a good selection of beef, pork, homemade sausages, bacons, etc.. I highly recommend them if you're through that way.
I was camping but bought some steaks to cook on the tire rim that night..

M9uMr9z.jpg

Not much marbling, but they were tasty.

As for Creekstone beef.... I've only tried their burger, which I didn't like.
I've tried their tri tips, some were just ok and a couple were the best I've ever tasted.
The ribeyes were tender.
For me, the meat I've tried was not better than the Black and Red Angus I get here. Either my own, home grown or my friend's and neighbor's home grown beef. The local butcher carries his home grown Angus too. His, at a much more reasonable price than Creekstone.

I might buy tri tip when it comes on sale again but probably won't pay the higher prices for the burger, steaks or briskets.
Just sharing what I've experienced. Your mileage may and probably will vary. :grin:

Nice pics Neighbor! Homegrown most definitely is better. You're lucky. :grin: I'd never buy steaks or ground meat unless I can see it in person but their briskets and such have been really good. The tri tips I got from Creekstone were Pasture One grass fed. Really good stuff. They don't often carry the same stuff since they're like you said a packing plant.

Certainly good to hear an experienced experience. :becky:

I visited Creekstone Farms a couple of weeks ago. I spoke with some nice people who worked up front.
The previous owner Sun Capital, based in Florida, sold Creekstone Farms to the Marubeni Corp of Japan. The actual "farms" or ranches who raise the animals are located across the U.S..
Creekstone Farms is a packing plant. Semi trucks loaded with cattle were arriving on one end of the plant and freezer units were being loaded on the other side. She did say they process around 1,400 head per day.

jvr7O55.jpg

AaecChs.jpg

a3YVlzZ.jpg

V2Csf4r.jpg

MTXwdLZ.jpg

She said they do not sell meat at the plant but you can place an order and pick it up in a week. She also gave me the address of a place in Arkansas City that sells their beef. I checked it out. WB Meats, http://www.wbmeats.com/
They were super nice and had a good selection of beef, pork, homemade sausages, bacons, etc.. I highly recommend them if you're through that way.
I was camping but bought some steaks to cook on the tire rim that night..

M9uMr9z.jpg

Not much marbling, but they were tasty.

As for Creekstone beef.... I've only tried their burger, which I didn't like.
I've tried their tri tips, some were just ok and a couple were the best I've ever tasted.
The ribeyes were tender.
For me, the meat I've tried was not better than the Black and Red Angus I get here. Either my own, home grown or my friend's and neighbor's home grown beef. The local butcher carries his home grown Angus too. His, at a much more reasonable price than Creekstone.

I might buy tri tip when it comes on sale again but probably won't pay the higher prices for the burger, steaks or briskets.
Just sharing what I've experienced. Your mileage may and probably will vary. :grin:

I’ve cooked ~200 creekstone farms Prime briskets. They are the only briskets we used on the trailer. We buy from a wholesaler and get them a bit cheaper, but they are still expensive, no doubt. They are the best briskets I’ve ever cooked. I’ve cooked many of the costoco primes, and there is certainly a differcne, to me. We initially sourced Creekstone because that is what Franklin uses.

I keep reading from people on here that Franklin gets his briskets from creekstone, but I have never read that anywhere else. I have read that Franklin says that there isn't enough cows from his supplier to open another restaurant, so that is why there will only be 1 Franklin BBQ. Where are you guys getting that he buys them from creekstone?

Back