Im a looking....

Smokin_Joe

Knows what a fatty is.
So here's the deal. I just bought a Chargriller pro series grill/smoker, and Im wanting to (for the first time) smoke a few racks of ribs. I think I have the timing about right (2-3hrs), but as this is the first time, Im looking for any input I can get. Im not going to use the side fire box, I havent picked it up yet (damn back order) I dont use charcoal (hardwood here) and ill be adding hickory chunks (soaked of course). One thing I would really like to find is a kid friendly rub. i have a few but they are all on the spicy side, and dont taste right with out the heat. Anyone that has any info please let me know. Thanks in advance..

P.S. Did about 40 burgers, and 40 dogs tonight, and forgot to get pron... anyone ever feel drunk from the smell of meat on the grill?

Check out the rubs from McCormicks. They have a few, this one is pretty tasty and not very spicy.

mccormickrub.jpg

To me, a great start would be something simple like fresh ground black pepper, kosher salt, lemon zest, turbinado sugar and garlic powder. Just mix until it tastes right to you and apply.

I've learned here that it does more harm than good. Wet wood produces too much white smoke, which is bad and makes the food taste like crap. Dry wood doesn't do that and burns clean blue smoke.

I've learned here that it does more harm than good. Wet wood produces too much white smoke, which is bad and makes the food taste like crap. Dry wood doesn't do that and burns clean blue smoke.

I agree, the only time I'll soak wood is when I am using chips on a short cook like grilling a steak -- when I need a quick blast of smoke over a short period of time...

Also the grillmates products pointed out above, are pretty good rubs... I haven't tried the one above, but the grillmates applewood rub has placed pretty high in my flavor profile testing this year...

Back