Al Pastor on a Rotisserie??

Al Pastor on a Rotisserie/WSM

:thumb: Good job on Al Pastor
:thumb:eek:n the Trompo what holds the skewer on? My Al Pastor is on for tomorrow going on the rotisserie.
Thinking about making a Trompo one of these days, "IF" the Al Pastor passes the test.
Thanks Dan

Hi All The pork is in marinade, so later today the cook is on.I will be using a rotisserie on WSM 22, what cook temps should I be looking for? I was thinking 275*?
Thanks Dan

Last edited:

Hi All Well I finally got around to cooking the Pork Al Pastor.It took longer then I expected,next time put it on he fire earlier..Maybe on a Trompo. Wife liked it so I think that is a plus, I thought it loss some of its taste by adding more of the juice..One would think with all the ingredients it should have been tastier, but then again my taste buds are shot. I did put some of the marinade on the 2nd Taco to kick it up some. To me the best part was the grilled pineapple. I will definitely do it al pastor again, since I still have some peppers, and add so much extra juice. I also have to do a much better job on slicing next time
Thanks All Dan
Ready for the Rotisserie
i1pusSmm.jpg

1st cut
NSCEamzm.jpg

Chopped
U2Vl9Enm.jpg

Ready to eat :)
sgxSrVem.jpg

Last edited:
Al Pastor

Hi All I need suggestions on what to make with the left over Al Pastor? I was thinking maybe Enchiladas, just need a good enchilada sauce.
Thanks DanB

Back