Here are two chuckies all rubbed up
imgp1241y.jpg

With a healthy dose of my new rub
imgp1230f.jpg

On to the Traeger
imgp1246j.jpg

A couple hours in for smoke
imgp1252m.jpg

In the meantime I was cooking up some red/yellow peppers, onion, celery, garlic and EVOO
imgp1253l.jpg

Once they hit about 160, one chuckie goes in the trinity spa
imgp1264.jpg

And the other gets a dose of Red Hook Ale and woosty - both were foiled at this point.
imgp1262v.jpg

Here are the finished sammies... The one on the left is chuckie with Blues Hog Reg cut with Tenn Red, and the one on the right is chuckie slathered with trinity.
imgp1276k.jpg

The money shot leaves a lot to be desired, but they were both really good. Had my folks and my daughter's BF over and no one left hungry.

Thanks for looking...

Interesting - I have never panned or foiled my chuckies - yours look delicious.

You know you're gonna be stuck with that boyfriend now, don't you?:becky:

Those sammies are a thing of beauty!!

Looking good! I'm definitely doing peppers and maybe some added gardinaire next time I make chuckies!

Truth be told the chuckie with no peppers was made especially for him. He is a great kid and doesn't like peppers.

Umm, "great kid" and "doesn't like peppers" in the same sentence?! :becky: That looks delicious. Good thing I'm planning some pepper stout beef for tonight. :thumb:

I'll have one of each, please.

Those are some fine looking sammies my friend!

Looks like a delightful mess there. I will take one of each as well along with a roll of paper towels and a bib :thumb:

I can taste that from here and the taste is really good. Can't go wrong with peppers and onions.

Nice job on those chuckies, and the sandwiches would be fine, two please

Back