Well its official, I'm selling my PBC.....Yep you read that correctly! :shocked:

Why?? Well there would only be one good reason........I'm gonna buy one of the shiny new ones! :mrgreen:

As soon as my current "classic model" is sold I'm gonna put in an order for a new one with the Air Force logo on it. With all the new ones Ive seen on here as well as the new one I talked my co-worker into buying....Well, I got the itch for a new 18 gauge porcelain coated PBC! :thumb:

:laugh:

You could build a jimmy and a get a BigPoppa powder coated! Heck I could find you a AF logo....:becky:

You could build a jimmy and a get a BigPoppa powder coated! Heck I could find you a AF logo....:becky:

Uummm no..lol
Actually I bought the 18.5 kettle with plans to make a "jimmy" but I'm not sure I would need to with a PBC. You've proven that they can cook the same. I may experiment with the PBC to see if I can get it to cook similar to the jimmy...:becky:

Uummm no..lol
Actually I bought the 18.5 kettle with plans to make a "jimmy" but I'm not sure I would need to with a PBC. You've proven that they can cook the same. I may experiment with the PBC to see if I can get it to cook similar to the jimmy...:becky:

Ah heck..save the difference and make a BP....expand your cooking options and your horizons!

Plus remember the jimmy is easy to refuel or mess with your fire.

Well its official, I'm selling my PBC.....Yep you read that correctly! :shocked:

Why?? Well there would only be one good reason........I'm gonna buy one of the shiny new ones! :mrgreen:

As soon as my current "classic model" is sold I'm gonna put in an order for a new one with the Air Force logo on it. With all the new ones Ive seen on here as well as the new one I talked my co-worker into buying....Well, I got the itch for a new 18 gauge porcelain coated PBC! :thumb:

:laugh:

Great call. "Aim High… Fly-Fight-Win."

Powder coat schmowder coat. The new porcelain coating is groooovy baby!

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q2DCr5D8eZw"]Austin Powers Groovy Baby - YouTube[/ame]

:heh::heh::heh:

Before

ZvoSK_5aUoha3sWs8ePaYs2ryjt6AJw8mYgGxkDFr1s=w523-h891-no

After

20150222_132450.jpg

Ssv3, did you buy a whole new kit or just the barrel and lid option?

Ssv3, did you buy a whole new kit or just the barrel and lid option?

Bought the whole kit. My friend actually liked the v1 I had so he gave me a bottle of Don Julio 1942 for it. I ordered one the very next day.

Worked out perfect since I was going to pull the trigger anyway sooner or later. :loco:

Can't beat the porcelain coating. Like I said before "Weber goodness in a PBC form"

I would have requested a drum without the big metal flap hole and put my own ball valves or slider vent control. Think they'd do that? In place of not having to cut that hole I'll take a good analog therm! :thumb:

I want the new one reaallly badly, but I will stick with my "Classic" for now.

I would have requested a drum without the big metal flap hole and put my own ball valves or slider vent control. Think they'd do that? In place of not having to cut that hole I'll take a good analog therm! :thumb:

Call Noah and see if he will do that for you. You know you want one if for no other reason than to have people stop calling you a hard-headed old coot who is not willing to buy the PBC. :wink:

if for no other reason than to have people stop calling you a hard-headed old coot who is not willing to buy the PBC. :wink:

LOL...yea If just for that! Maybe they can drill out the rebar holes bigger so i'd get enough exhaust i wouldn't have to crack the lid to bump the heat up. Think he might do that Bob? I'd ask him to through in some magnets to cover up the holes but i have a solution for that. Bob i'll share it with if you want!

As long as i can get better heat control, know where my temp is at and I can shut down quickly I'm on board! Sign me up!

For now i'll just have to struggle along with the jimmy cooker.:wink: At least I can grill, sear and easily tend the fire in the jimmy so it has something going for it!

You could always buy it as it is and modify whatever you think you need to modify.....After all this IS the PBC appreciation thread......show some love for the PBC Keith! :becky:

You could always buy it as it is and modify whatever you think you need to modify.....After all this IS the PBC appreciation thread......show some love for the PBC Keith! :becky:
Fort Wayne, IN long-range forecast: less than 5% chance of hell freezing over.

Move over PBC for the mini pit! lol Lou was feeling jealous of jimmy hanging all the food so he thought he'd sport some rebar and show jimmy up. It's a family feud!:boxing:

Last edited:
Back