Some of y’all wonder...

4ever3

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
Some of y’all wonder why I mention Redmond’s Real Salt?

This is why... (check out the ingredients)

(Not my pic)

Cause it’s “real” salt... FULL of real minerals and none of the plastics that are found in “sea salt”

none of the plastics that are found in “sea salt"

Ok this is new to me and a bit unsettling. 99% of the time we either use pink Himalayan or kosher salt. Please elaborate if you can.

It's true. The other day I was trying to sprinkle some salt out on a hunk of meat and an entire tupperware set fell right out of the box instead.

I am curious about this as well though.

Plastic issues aside, I am also a huge fan of Realsalt.

I've been using it almost exclusively for years, and I can really tell a difference in the taste when I try anything else.

I use the kosher style, which comes in slightly larger pieces which I find perfect for BBQ. If I need a finer grind, I hit it with the ol' mortar and pestle.

The real difference between this and most other sea salts is that this is mined from an old evaporated ancient sea bed, where presumably it has been buried and protected from modern pollutants for thousands of years.

It is also unrefined and minimally processed to preserve the ancient mineral balance. I feel that these other trace minerals add an umami or savory flavor that is lacking in most other salts.

The real difference between this and most other sea salts is that this is mined from an old evaporated ancient sea bed, where presumably it has been buried and protected from modern pollutants for thousands of years.

It is also unrefined and minimally processed to preserve the ancient mineral balance. I feel that these other trace minerals add an umami or savory flavor that is lacking in most other salts.

So, the exotic tastes in this salt may be Dinasour Feces and Urine, awesome:pound:

Good stuff, taste different than table salt and much healthier. I have a 25lb. bag I bought about 12 years ago, still using it, about 5 lbs left.

Good stuff, taste different than table salt and much healthier. I have a 25lb. bag I bought about 12 years ago, still using it, about 5 lbs left.

You’ve used 20 lbs in 12 years?

You need more salt in yer life :biggrin1:

Thing is, most "sea salts" are made from evaporated modern day sea water. Which may or may may not be contaminated with man made pollutants.

Then theres this: https://www.google.com/amp/s/api.na...plastics-found-90-percent-table-salt-sea-salt
Interesting article. Found this part supportive of my long appreciation of Celtic sea salt:

Salt samples from 21 countries in Europe, North and South America, Africa, and Asia were analyzed. The three brands that did not contain microplastics are from Taiwan (refined sea salt), China (refined rock salt), and France (unrefined sea salt produced by solar evaporation).

Tried a number of salts. Celtic sea salt is my favorite. Not that expensive. Requires a good salt grinder for finishing/table use.

Fleur de Sel...also called Sel Gris, Grey Salt, or Sel Marin

Back