Has anyone ever stuffed ground meat into a fattie? I'm thinking breakfast sausage might be really good in one.

Steak tartare?

As long as you can work it into this rule...

2. The item must be Grilled or Smoked during the cooking process, or feature Grilled or Smoked ingredients in a prominent manner.

:becky:

That is an option. Properly done steak tartare is chopped not ground. But I say let the voters decide.

I look forward to you entry! Go fo it!
Tongue in cheek there, besides, chopped, minced, or ground, it wouldn't fulfill rule #2.

I saw it a few times in Germany and it was always ground. Might be a regional thing though. I think if it were chopped or ground outside on your smoker it would qualify. :thumb: At least that's how Rule 2 has been interpreted in the past -- now where is that couch? Oh, yeah, there it is.

:behindsofa:

I saw it a few times in Germany and it was always ground. Might be a regional thing though. I think if it were chopped or ground outside on your smoker it would qualify. :thumb: At least that's how Rule 2 has been interpreted in the past by many -- now where is that couch? Oh, yeah, there it is.

:behindsofa:

Yes, you would know all about interpreting the rules now wouldn't you. I say let the voters decide.

If I grind tofu and eggplant and make it into some kind of burger like patty, would that count as long as I grill it?

If I grind tofu and eggplant and make it into some kind of burger like patty, would that count as long as I grill it?

I'm not sure that the voters would classify tofu as meat; however, eggplant is multidimensional and I think they would welcome such a grilled burger most enthusiastically, but probably only in the zero's club.

As long as you can provide proof from a qualified source that either tofu or eggplant are actually dead animal meat and not dead plant meat or a derivation thereof. :boxing:

Thanks Mr. Big! I knew you'd have the answer! I'm not sure exactly how we wrap it in bacon when the bacon is ground though. :confused:

Back