Spare Ribs & Saigon 21 Shenanigans in the 505 - a weekend thread (w/Pr0n!)

Oh dang! That sounds downright ridiculous. You knocked that one clean out of the stadium. Thanks for the play by play.

Now I just need to wait until I can purchase some of the Saigon 21 and give it a shot on my end

You think so? I don't get much kick... but I get some really lovely dark umami ("aye papi!" says the wife) followed by some bright lime and basil notes.

First-That all looks fantastic, and you have me ready to make this again!

Second-I agree with your point. I could feel a 'bit' of heat at the very end of my bowl. She commented that it made her tongue tingle like it was hot, but wasn't actually hot to her. I added some jalapenos to my bowl as well, so I agree with you there!

WAZZU?!?! Ugh! They may make some cheese but GO DAWGS!!!! 7 in a row is it? šŸ˜œ

Youā€™re on a roll of good Eatinā€™.

Iā€™ve seen this from you before [emoji3]

Well done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mike... KCMike... this is ridiculous.

I'll be honest that I made a couple of tweaks, so bear with me.

The broth went in the pot and I added in some shaved onion that had been soaked in water for 30 minutes (IAW another recipe). I added in the Saigon 21, pretty much to your directions.

fZ0hFgRl.jpg

As I had broth instead of stock, I added in a couple of iced tea spoons worth of bacon grease from our jar for richness. I brought it all to a boil while I started on the noodles.

7EIWkGzl.jpg

Tasted the soup and it wasn't "chicken-y" enough... so I added in 2 x iced tea spoons (yes, the same one from the bacon grease) of Chicken Better Than, Better Than Boullion to the pot. Slow boiled for about another 10 minutes. Yahtzee!

Built my daughter's bowl.
- Rice noodles
- Shredded Saigon 21 Chicken
- Chiffonaded Basil and Cilantro
- Ladled in soup to cover.

VtoRMd6l.jpg

Kwr3fhEl.jpg

My turn.

Same as above, but with the Saigon 21 + HDD chicken with 6 slices of jalapeƱo.

POFWgpol.jpg

jXrmkqql.jpg

Whole family has been crushing their bowls, and I devoured everything down to just the jalapeƱos in mine.

Ridiculously flavorful... crowd pleaser... absolute MUST TRY for anyone who's not joined the club.

DANG, Marc!! I can't believe I missed this post before. You totally knocked it out of the park with everything, but that pho looks super killer!! Thanks so much for the love!

:thumb: :thumb:

Back