Need a little help!

SweetOak13

Knows what a fatty is.
Hello all, I have been searching like crazy for propane tanks for a build. I am located in Eastern Pennsylvania and can't find anything!! Most tanks I find are still commissioned for use so the prices are really high. I have searched local gas companies, craigslist, and scrap yards. Does anyone have any advice on locating tanks? Thanks in advance!

Go South. Southern States are covered up in them. Up North is Heating Oil Tanks in basements and down South is Propane Tanks in backyards.

Search Craigslist in southern cities if you are willing to road trip for one.

I know one guy that has them stacked like firewood but too far for you........too far for me too unless I was taking a trailer and buying 4-5-6 of them.......:loco:

A couple of states won't allow the resale of condemned tanks, they have to be crushed or cut up. Make it a mega build and buy a small tanker from a junk yard.....MEGA BUILD :thumb:

Paul Shirley has a whole back yard full of them he would sell , he said on another post that he has not been selling the propane models as much as the new rolled steel .

I know one guy that has them stacked like firewood but too far for you........too far for me too unless I was taking a trailer and buying 4-5-6 of them.......:loco:

I checked out Texas craigslist just for fun and I found hundreds of them. Just a little far from eastern Pa. haha

L P Cylinder Services
627 PA-434,
Shohola, PA 18458
(570) 685-8847

I pass this place during the summer months. Worth your time to give them a call. They have a huge pile of old tanks.

Hello all, I have been searching like crazy for propane tanks for a build. I am located in Eastern Pennsylvania and can't find anything!! Most tanks I find are still commissioned for use so the prices are really high. I have searched local gas companies, craigslist, and scrap yards. Does anyone have any advice on locating tanks? Thanks in advance!

My curiosity got the better of me so I called LP Cylinder myself.

100 Gallon $50
250 Gallon $150

Those tanks are cheap enough you could build a shop and buy all the equipment and still come out ahead!

Ok, not really, but it sounds good:mrgreen:

I've been looking for a 250 gallon tank myself for years and what kills me is there's a propane company i know of locally that has a bunch of different sized tanks just sitting in there yard waiting to be scrapped. I talked to the owner but he said they cant sell them due to liability issues. Of course that was 2 years ago and all the tanks are still rusting away due to the price of scrap being way down.

And as icing on the cake, i've come across 3 500 gallon tanks but no 250's. 500 is just way to big but they seem to be more abundant that 250's around here.

Back