4th Lamb Breast Ribs & Sausage

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Batch Image
Happy 4th all!

Camping this weekend in a nice quiet place. I've teetered back and forth on the lamb ribs at Walmart since I've heard they can be greasy, which is fine for me but not sure anyone else would like that.

But we ran out this morning and I got them along with some sausage to cook for tonight :biggrin1:. Saw a few posts for the Aussie contingent here on higher heat and will mix that with a Malcom Reed recipe and whatever spices I have in the camper :becky:.

PMpGuFil.jpg

EdhZ9wol.jpg

Cp34qbql.jpg

About to make some chicken nachos for lunch and figure those ribs will go on lower'ish heat (250-275) around 2pm and then crank after a few hours to finish and maybe open the grill up on the Tailgater (love this thing for camping).

Ribs are looking tasty! I would like a report about the greasiness. I may throw on a slab myself the next time I do pork ribs.

That looks a perfect day:thumb:
I have never seen ribs like that, envious

Yes indeed. Definitely cut a little different from what we get in Downside Up Land. We get what we call a "Lamb Flap" and it has much longer bones. I suppose what you have there is the equivalent of a trimmed St. Louis spare.

In any case, you've treated that very well indeed. Yes... fatty. It's a hard thing to manage. If you cook them too low and foil, they are way to fatty. If you cook them too high, they can render out and go too dry and you can even end up with a grease fire if you are running them on a Weber.

Really nicely done.

How do these compare with pork ribs? Is it a stronger more beefy taste or on the lighter side? These look very intriguing and I’m always looking for something new to cook. Did you treat them the same as ribs? They look amazing wish I could try a bite! :D

I've bought the same lamb breast at my Walmart on a few occasions. I always wondered why they called them breast and not ribs. They are fatty but are very good when done right. I like mint jelly on the side.Your's look delicious. Happy Independence Day!

How do these compare with pork ribs? Is it a stronger more beefy taste or on the lighter side? These look very intriguing and I’m always looking for something new to cook. Did you treat them the same as ribs? They look amazing wish I could try a bite! :D

Really nice lamb flavor. Not overpowering for just this first time. They do have a lot of fat, but these are well worth trying.

I ran 350 for about a total of 3hrs and got the crispy top I wanted and seemed to render decent enough. I could see how these aren't everyone's cup of tea, but I'll happily make them again :becky:

That's some fine eating there Jason, thanks for sharing.

Back