First Brisket on the Pellet Pro 1190

farmer-fred

Full Fledged Farker

Batch Image
Batch Image
Name or Nickame
Tom
Just started a cook on the Pellet Pro. First time for a brisket. Trying out my new Savannah Stoker controller using the programmed cook mode. Set for seven hrs @ 180 for some good smoke then 225 until 170 internal. Will then wrap in pink butcher paper till probe tender. Wish me luck guys. Trying to impress the family tomorrow.

20200808_223228[1].jpg

Interesting. You didn't care for the stock controller?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Nothing wrong with the stock controller but I like to modify things. I bought the Savannah Stoker because of the ability to fine tune the smoker and the programmable cook feature. Also to get higher grilling temps I installed a 2.5 rpm auger motor in place of the 2 rpm that came in it. The SS allows fine tuning of on, off and auger run time to prevent temp over/ under shoots with the larger auger motor. @ 180-200 I now get excellent smoke and the go grill feature allows 500 Deg plus grilling if so desired. I will probably put the stock controller and auger motor up for sale. It would make a great upgrade for a non PID controlled Traeger for someone.

A picture after 10 hrs @ 180 deg smoking. Internal is @ 160. I will wrap when it hits 170.

20200809_081501[1].jpg

Interesting mod Tom .... this is tempting me as I like to modify stuff also. I think I need to get more cooks with my 1190 before doing anything ... however, since I'm thinking of moving I toss around the idea of selling both my Assassin and Pellet Pro to lighten the load.... but just thinking. Anyway cook looks great.

The Brisket came out very good. I wrapped @ 175 and raised the temp in the smoker to 225. when it hit 205 I probed it and it was as they say like warm butter. I added another layer of wrap and put it in a cooler wrapped in blankets. It rested for about four hrs before slicing. It was very tender but the flat was just a little dry. I think I removed to much of the fat cap. Everyone just loved it and the flavor was on point. I was amazed at the smoke production on the Pellet Pro with the Savannah stoker controller. Even after I raised the temp to 225 it was producing good smoke.
Nice Bark.
20200809_172750[1].jpg

Great smoke ring for a pellet grill.
20200809_173128[1].jpg

Thanks Guys. So far I am really happy with the Pellet Pro, The Savannah Stoker controller and the 2.5 auger motor made a really good grill great. It now smokes well and also can do high temp grilling if so desired. I really like my Trail Embers drum smoker but this is so much easier to use.
Tom

Back