THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

grilling24x7

Full Fledged Farker
Hey guys,

Anyone tried simply wrapping a sweet onion with bacon and smoking it? I can't believe how amazing it is. In my opinion this grilling appetizer is right up there with the ABT.

I brushed the onions with sriracha hot sauce then wrapped them in bacon and heavily peppered them. Smoked on my UDS for 90 min and boom, amazing onion rings.

I wanted to share with you guys. It was so good! can't wait till next weekend!

I wrote up the step by step directions for the smoked bacon wrapped onion rings here:
http://grilling24x7.com/oring.shtml

And here are some pics.

oring6.jpg

oring4.jpg

oring11.jpg

I made a simple quick sriracha mayo dipping sauce for it.

Cheers!

John

Those have to be really good to go through that trouble to make them. From what I can see, they are quite likely that good. :thumb:

Omg!!

Those look incredible. Very labor intensive, I agree, but SO worth it. I thought that maybe even pickling the onions a bit would add another level of flavor.

This gave me an idea I hope to try out this weekend! :thumb: A variation of sorts.

Bob

Back