Nachos for Dinner

dannypat21

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
I asked my daughter what she wanted for dinner and to my surprise she requested nachos. I went to the local Mexican market and grabbed some chicken steaks, which are marinated boneless chicken thighs that are butterflied. Also picked up a couple different types of chorizo, a typical Mexican chorizo and an El Salvadorean style.

Grilled chicken on the Weber, added some fresh lime juice and Don Sazon carne asada seasoning.

All diced up for the nachos with some of the El Salvadorean chorizo.

Nachos plated with some refried beans, crema and hot sauce.

Also made some queso fundido with chorizo. This pic does not do it justice but it was delicious. Oaxacan cheese topped with chorizo and baked.

The queso fundido on a chicharron.

And lastly, this is something we eat often, my kids love it and I grew up eating this. It is a simple ceviche but with imitation crab. We do make it with fish and shrimp but to keep cost down we use the fake stuff and make a big batch that we eat all week. Great on a tostada shell on a hot day. Thanks for looking!

Looks really good! Will you please post how to make the ceviche?

Ceviche is really simple, like a fresh salsa with added seafood. Diced onion, tomato, cilantro. Chopped up the imitation crab, squeezed a few lemons and limes, added garlic salt and pepper. Let sit for a bit then it's ready to go with tostada shells or tortilla chips. Some tapatio or your favorite hot sauce to top it off.

Looks awesome Danny!! And the ceviche. :thumb:

Do you ever go to Las Delicias on Old Road by Pitchess detention center? Ceviche reminds of them. Decent food for on the go.

Oh. Mah. Gawd.

Yes, please! You said all sorts of "magic words" around our house! Looks awesome!

I've never tried a chicharron associated with nachos before... but between you and Adams out in W TX, it looks like it's "a thing" that we should try... and soon!

Looks greatly tasty from here mate, Maybe Nachos tomorrow night , Hmmmmm

Looks awesome Danny!! And the ceviche. :thumb:

Do you ever go to Las Delicias on Old Road by Pitchess detention center? Ceviche reminds of them. Decent food for on the go.

Thanks! Yes I have tried them, pretty solid. I known you work out this way, there is a killer spot in Castaic. It is called Tio's market. Real authentic food, amazing menudo with homemade corn tortillas. I'm there every weekend for breakfast, amazing chillaquiles.

Your daughter is a smart girl, she knew you would come through, great job.

Thanks! Yes I have tried them, pretty solid. I known you work out this way, there is a killer spot in Castaic. It is called Tio's market. Real authentic food, amazing menudo with homemade corn tortillas. I'm there every weekend for breakfast, amazing chillaquiles.

Oddly enough I haven't tried it but that'll change. I've tried the taco trucks across them and the saloon that some raved about and I wasn't impressed at all.

Thanks!!

Excellent post! I want to learn about all the food you prepared so I'll be busy on google for awhile..also want to start doing boneless thighs on my Blackstone.

Back