So what is the price of Brisket in your area?

Rusty Kettle

Babbling Farker
Name or Nickame
Hey you with the face!
$4.46 per lb. For select near us. I still can't see paying that much for select grade. I almost caved but I haven't caved all year. The smokers have been empty all year. I miss it but man these meat prices are crazy. Hoping meat prices cool off come winter but they didn't last year and I think it may not this year either.

Recent, whole packer prices at Sam’s. About same at Walmart.
Walmart will occasionally throw in a brisket priced under $3# in the bin. I prefer choice and will buy Select if it has a giant point. I just don’t trim as much and use foil boat fat cap up.

5.23 prime
4.98 choice
4.35 Select

About the same here, but I did just buy 2 choice @ $1.67/ lb.
Kroger card sale, plus additional discount with Kroger electronic coupon.

Sam's in Albany NY was $4.99 for choice that looked grey and nasty.
$5.48 for prime that looked fantastic.

5.00 per pound right before Labor Day at Costco here

Still much harder to find in stock right now than a year ago. They seem to be averaging closer to 20lbs when they do have them. Takes some effort to find the 12-14 pounders I like to start with.

Couple of months ago caught choice at Albertson's for $1.69.
Limit of two, so the bride and I each bought, and put 4 in the freezer.

Last week Kroger had choice for the $1.67 sale that bowhntr mentioned above.
We bought 2 more.

I cook on average 1-2 briskets a month, simply because of the price point we seem to be able to acquire them at when on sale, and the sales have been frequent enough to keep the freezers stocked.

At those prices we will continue to restock the freezers with whatever the purchase limits will allow. I don't see beef coming down over the rest of this year.

I really feel for you folks that are having to pay up.

I noticed that the local grocery story I shop at had some decent size flats — for $11.99 a pound.

Needless to say, I decided pulled pork was a better option.

Cooking up a choice brisket from Kroger I picked up for $1.67/lb as mentioned above.

Costco had Wagyu for $5.69/lb, I’m guessing there is more demand for Wagyu steaks and there is already plenty of Wagyu ground beef, I don’t recall seeing many Wagyu chuck roasts, eye of round or even top sirloins, it has to be going somewhere.

I don’t remember the Costco price for Prime.

Costco did have Picanha whole in the bag for $6.29/lb, multiple pieces, $110-125 per bag. Great cut for grilling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its not only supply chain, but also it was Rosh Hashanah last week which always puts price pressure on brisket flats.

Back