1/4 C pork rub - ground to fine powder

Toss everything together in a bowl

Smoked in throwaway pan 250* for 2 hrs

Freaking addicting - I can’t stop eating them

Attachments

• BA758F69-3346-43DC-8F79-A848A3F2B872.jpg
    BA758F69-3346-43DC-8F79-A848A3F2B872.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 273
A friend sent me some made with the chipotle powder that I sent to him...

Ho-Lee-Schmidt! Those were some serious good nuts.

I'm QUITE sure those with the pork rub were fantastic!

Love stashers, may need to try these. If you're a fan of almonds, you need to try Neil's Nuts. People love putting Neil's nuts in their mouths! :pound:

I haven't smoked pistachios yet. They are going on my list for next weekend. I was looking for the best way to change up the pecans.

Those look great. Did you start with raw pistachios?

I haven't smoked pistachios yet. They are going on my list for next weekend. I was looking for the best way to change up the pecans.

I'm with you, man. I need some of these pistachios and I sure do need some of Ed's nuts and bacon, as well.

1.5 lbs Pistachios
1 st butter - melted
1/4 C pork rub - ground to fine powder

Toss everything together in a bowl

Smoked in throwaway pan 250* for 2 hrs

Freaking addicting - I can’t stop eating them
Great. Like I needed any help making pistachios more addictive.

A friend sent me some made with the chipotle powder that I sent to him...

That's really cool. Such a fantastic gesture on his part to show how he's using the powder.

No kidding... that looks awesome!

As an aside... I'd love to try something similar with Ed Lee's Curried Bacon Candy & Cashews. - Link to recipe & video.

Ok, gonna for sure try the smoked pistachios. What a great idea, that never occurred to me to try. I will piggyback these on my next cook.
Ed Lee cashews...quite the decadent snack. I remember him from Top Chef and was one of my favorites. Superbowl (oops big game) is coming up and seems to me that would be the perfect snack for the game :-D

That's all well and good but all your flavor goes in the garbage can on the shells???
Ed

That's all well and good but all your flavor goes in the garbage can on the shells???
Ed

You put them in your mouth whole and break open with tongue and teeth.
All the flavor, all the yum.

Just like sunflower seeds.

Looks fantastic I would be all over those Check out Neils recipe for nuts Its really good

Love pistachios so my wife gave me a 400 lb bag for xmas!! :p
Might have to try this with them. In the past I had pre-shelled them so I can go back and eat them by the handful. This prep would work real well should I chose to shell them first. Certainly a labor of love but worth doing being you already put the work in and simply enjoy.

Back