smoked pizza

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date

how do you cut you pizza

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

i made this pizza last night and i thought to myself, "why does everyone say to let the fire burn clean when baking?" so i threw on a couple of handfuls of cherry chips and i smoked this here pizza. then i thought to myself, "why do people only cut their pizzas into pie pieces... or do they..."

sp-011.jpg

sp-014.jpg

:biggrin:

Last edited:
I cut as a pie but I think I would still try some of that. Nice!

Didja get a nice smokey flavor in the cheese? That's one pretty pie. I do pie slices mainly because of the mustache. Sometimes even use a fork.:eek:

I cut pie pieces, but probably just because that is what I have grown accustomed to and never thought to change. Unless it is a square pizza, then I cut squares. Oh yeah, that smoked pizza looks awsome!!

For the most part I always cut them as a pie. But last week I made some large crispy crusted pizzas and did cut them into squares.
All in all I like the pie cutting technique better, I like the crust on the end of the pies. It acts like a handle for your finger tips as your thumb cradles up the pie from the bottom side. Also the crust on the end is great to hold on to as that pie leaves your mouth and the cheese is stinging from your mouth and the pie still.

Pie shape...duh! :roll: You ever heard if a pizza rectangle...:twisted:

Nice pie!!

The only time I don't cut them in pie slices is when the dough ends up in a weird shape.

Didja get a nice smokey flavor in the cheese? That's one pretty pie. I do pie slices mainly because of the mustache. Sometimes even use a fork.:eek:

yep, a nice smokey taste in the crust and cheese. i'll do that again with cherry or apple chips.

i have two middle pieces in the oven warming up and i'll have to eat those with a fork! 8)

Our favorite pizza place only serves square pies

A place where I went to school served square Greek pizzas. They made a smoked oyster pizza that was to die for:cool:

That pie of Rick's looks wonderful:!:

No matter how you cut it that looks like great pizza, the crust looks crisp but airy at the same time, the sauce appears to have a delicious complexity and the cheese looks real creamy. Is that a [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Burrata?[/FONT]

Looks good RTD..

One of my first pies on the BGE and I had all the wood chips mixed in from the previous cook. You can see the smokiness on the cheese.. I liked it but the family thought it was too intense.

Last edited:
No matter how you cut it that looks like great pizza, the crust looks crisp but airy at the same time, the sauce appears to have a delicious complexity and the cheese looks real creamy. Is that a [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Burrata?[/FONT]

that's fresh mozzarella made at the fancy grocery

I voted for a, b and c. All depends on how hungry I am and how big and/or messy the pizza is.

I could tell you were in my neck of the woods.....That pizza is very ohio/pa looking....you done good my man!

cassano's and marion's pizza joints around here cut into squares. the four corner pieces are the best! :biggrin:

I have been known to take pizza and fold it into a half moon and eat it...
No cutting required:biggrin:

Back