Walmarts

16Adams

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Batch Image
So, on another COS forum I follow there was a post about split sale. Expert Grill Hickory splits for smoking. It's like 1.5 cf for $17 per box. Brickseek still had it full price of $17 but Walmart website showed $8. Now I live on the high Plains where wood is a premium. I can drive a lot of miles a lot of direction without seeing a tree. When I do it usually elm, cottonwood, mezkeet bushes, juniper and cedar, oh forgot Russian Olive. Anyway even at half price it's probably an absurd amount to most of y'all to pay for hickory. Here in the land of buffalo grass where the deer and antelope play, it's a decent price.
Walmart, Expert Grill Hickory splits sale. 1.5cf @ $8
As always YMMV

Last edited:
That's what I used when I first started out, got me by until I found a good supplier local.

It used to be in bags. It is kiln dried though.

If you need wood, you need wood. :)grin:) Have it shipped to your local store and pick it up Adams. Best price you'll find all year probably.

Well, I decided I wanted some hickory to mix in with my oak I buy local. (hickory doesn't grow in Florida for some reason)

Looks like they won't ship to store for free in my locale, but they will ship for free to home if order is over $35.

Ordered 5 boxes for $40. arriving Wednesday at my house for free! (will let you know if it's true or not, they're losing money on shipping)

Thanks Adams...

I wish i could buy logs locally in other flavors then Hickory and Mesquite. Seems that's the only types of wood logs sold in stores.

While I'm not a fan of kiln dried, I'll buy the stuff because I just don't use enough these days to justify a larger order of "good wood".

But I do have a nice supply of Mulberry that's bout ready to burn.

I'll loan ya my chain saw. Lots of fence post tops to be buzzed off in a mile or two of 5 strand. :laugh:

J/K :razz:

You drive. I'll bring beer. And some old boots to cap our posts to cover the theft. But let's wait a while, rattlesnakes are still out

Well, FedEx just delivered five 25# boxes of hickory to my door.

I didn't pay a dime for shipping but I'm sure Walmart did.

I paid $8 each for the five boxes to get me over the $35 free shipping mark. Crazy.

I did notice they took down the "ship to home" option shortly after I ordered mine.

So now you have to find a store with them in stock in order to get the deal. None of my area stores had any.

Edit: The ship to home option came back on for my zip code if anyone else wants to order....

Last edited:
Well, FedEx just delivered five 25# boxes of hickory to my door.

I didn't pay a dime for shipping but I'm sure Walmart did.

I paid $8 each for the five boxes to get me over the $35 free shipping mark. Crazy.

I did notice they took down the "ship to home" option shortly after I ordered mine.

So now you have to find a store with them in stock in order to get the deal. None of my area stores had any.

Edit: The ship to home option came back on for my zip code if anyone else wants to order....

Just ordered 5 myself Brad.

Went to my local Walmart today for something else and low and behold they actually had several boxes of this in stock so I bought a couple to try. They did try to charge me full price but i was quick to point out the sale which they ended up honoring.

Looking forward to trying it.

Back