TG Turkey...

darita

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
came out great! mb560, controlled by FB2D, on rotisserie. Skin was great and even crispy in some places. White meat was moist. We really enjoyed it. Thanks for looking..
gEvCk1P.jpg

Nice looking bird darita! I haven't been on the site in a while so just catching up. How long did it take on the rotisserie? I cooked a turkey after thanksgiving on the 1059, but I cut it up...quartered and removed wings. Thought it turned out really good, better than the one we cooked in the oven. And it's the first bird I've ever smoked/grilled.

Have you done a rib roast on your 560?

Thanks. I could be wrong, but I think it took around 2 1/2 to 3 hours. I went more by temps than time.

Great looking bird. I noticed you had a pan on the manifold. I didn't want to spend the $ on the cover mod for it so have used foil. How are you liking the pan method. If you haven't yet you need to cook some pizzas on it :-D

I used the drip pan under the main grate, cuz it wouldn't work with the spinning rotisserie. It all works great. Gotta say, at 325*, the skin and meat come out better than any other method I've used. For me, there's no other way to do chicken or turkey.

Looks good, I,m almost tempted to eat Turkey.
What fuel did you use?

Nice color.
I see you were peer pressured into buying a "Meater". How'd it work?
Ed

Back