Labor Day Cook

dodgeramsst2003

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Well, I did 27 racks of spares, 130 Moink balls, 46 ABT's, and 4 fatties yesterday for my mom's annual cookout, using Scott's Monster smoker. The Moinks, ABT's, and fatties came out good. The ribs were sub par for my taste, but everyone raved about them yesterday, and her neighbors were still raving about them this morning when I picked the smoker up. I guess that is just too much for me to handle by myself while prepping other things too. I didn't get any pictures yesterday, so I can rest assured that none of this happened and I don't have to worry about serving sub par food. I am going to have some imaginary ribs for dinner tonight. I think my mom took some pictures of the food, if she did I'll post up in a few days.

Sometime we can be our own worst critic.....take the compliments and roll with it...

I'm never satisfied with my grub when I'm serving to others. I can always find at least one thing that didn't turn out as good as I had hoped.

Keep this attitude and you will always be striving for improvement. Graciously accept all compliments, and send out as many leftovers as possible. That way you won't have the leftovers to munch on and will inevitably cook something else. Practice makes delicious.

No pics!?
I'm outta here!
Jokes...I hope your Mom took some pics.

Can't wait for the pics.
Ditto on accepting compliments. If they love it don't knock it.

I came, I saw, I had ribs.
Or, maybe I'm just part of the fantasy.....nevermind.

The ribs were fine. Maybe not to your standards, but still above most others.
My eyes are still watering after that rouge ABT!

I came, I saw, I had ribs.
Or, maybe I'm just part of the fantasy....nevermind.

The ribs may not have been to your standards, but they were still above most others.
My eyes are still watering after that rouge ABT!.

-scott

Back