The 2018 Texas BBQ Brethren Spring Bash

So we will be discussing the days we want for both the 2018 Texas BBQ Brethren Fall Bash and Spring 2019. We may possible move it forward a bit. So let me know what your plans are for Spring 2019!! We would be happy to have you attend. :mrgreen:

We are planning 2-2.5 weeks for a BBQ pilgrimage in Tx (and maybe some more) in April/May but looking at the weather, May tends to be pretty hot in Tx.

We are planning 2-2.5 weeks for a BBQ pilgrimage in Tx (and maybe some more) in April/May but looking at the weather, May tends to be pretty hot in Tx.
August is HOT! May is warm.
We do have air conditioning almost everywhere and in cars too!
But when you come to Texas you'll need to rent a pickup truck!! :mrgreen:

Mid April is a good time for seeing bluebonnets (State flower) and other wildflowers.

We are checked in at Lewisville. Not sure what time we will get up and out, but looks like we will be there sometime mid- morning. Will have to leave around 2, though, so we can make it home in time for me to prepare for service on Sunday. Looking forward to meeting y'all.

Who’s bringing the veggie tray.? :shock:

Or Strawberry Desserts.?

Guess could wrap MOINKs in kale instead of bacon if you want veggies.

Bringing brownies and Snickerdoodles so somebody else gotta bring strawberries.

Y'all have a great time, We wish we were heading west! As much as we'd love to see our Texas brothers, we really need to see our Texas grand more. Post those pics, we'll live vicariously through y'all!

Hate to miss the spring bash. I'm still going against the clock to get my house on the market before I head out to ATL.

Y'all have a great time, We wish we were heading west! As much as we'd love to see our Texas brothers, we really need to see our Texas grand more. Post those pics, we'll live vicariously through y'all!

Bring them with you......

Just wrapped these and put in the oven. They'll finish cooking later and I'll hold in a 170 oven until I leave in the morning. They'll make the trip in my little insulated cooler.
f73aed58b08c032a4bcc7460594ae107.jpg
76359b7af7e6967d808a1024edf61571.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Planning on coming out after work. Hopefully, I'll be there around lunch time but, who knows.

Ok I just finished the stuffed breakfast Fattie.
Shelly and Kelley have the spicy corn casserole made. 30 minutes in the freezer then ice chest and lastly load it in the pickup.
Alarm set for 4:45am.
sliding billy, I may need more coffee when I get there!!
See you all in the morning!! :mrgreen:

Ok I just finished the stuffed breakfast Fattie.
Shelly and Kelley have the spicy corn casserole made. 30 minutes in the freezer then ice chest and lastly load it in the pickup.
Alarm set for 4:45am.
sliding billy, I may need more coffee when I get there!!
See you all in the morning!! :mrgreen:

I am bringing a thermos and a travel mug worth. There will be plenty. Gonna be too warm for a constant brew.

Last edited:
Whelp. Unfortunately I have to make a change of plans.

I've been up most of the night with my son because he's sick. And he's now begging me not to go and to stay home with him.

So, I guess I'll be staying home. I really hate missing and I have been looking forward to this very much.

I know you all will have lots of fun though!

Back