The Official Pellet Grill Smoker thread.

Thanks for the quick feedback. Have you ever had a problem fitting a full packer on the Mak 1? I guess I’ve never measured them but am guessing they’re 18-24 inches long. If needed, I guess you could put it diagonal.

Has anyone thought about going the boutique builder route (I.e LSG)? LSG has 20x36 for 1900 and I would imagine that it’s built like a tank. Note, they also seem to be sold out.

Thanks for the quick feedback. Have you ever had a problem fitting a full packer on the Mak 1? I guess I’ve never measured them but am guessing they’re 18-24 inches long. If needed, I guess you could put it diagonal.

Has anyone thought about going the boutique builder route (I.e LSG)? LSG has 20x36 for 1900 and I would imagine that it’s built like a tank. Note, they also seem to be sold out.

You will never have an issue fitting briskets onto the MAK. With the full upper grate, you can easily fit two massive briskets in there. No need to go diagonal or do anything goofy.

Working on obtaining a pic of a 1 Star loaded down with brisket. Sit tight... :)

Working on obtaining a pic of a 1 Star loaded down with brisket. Sit tight... :)

Here are a couple of pics I found. On an older 2 Star which has the same amount of room as the newer 1 Stars.

First pic is with 2 18 lb briskets:
021ab649d9ca73fb128b59c6151b9384.jpg

Second pic is with 4 18 lb briskets:
67958c227591b046f029921bb216cf85.jpg

MAK = small footprint/big capacity :)

Thank you so much. It does fit! Looks like I may be going this way. Thanks again

15# Full Packer on the MAK 1 Star, in these pic's I'm cooking on the top grate with a pan underneath on the bottom grate for easy cleanup.

CPj5Ixh.jpg

sN6vX8e.jpg

H2A2B9K.jpg

Pretty much narrowed down my search for the best pellet grill for my needs and all signs point to the Mak 1⭐️ General. But before purchasing I was wondering if anyone knows or if anyone has heard of any new models coming out in the near future with any upgrades before I go ahead and buy one now. I know if I buy one and something newer comes out I could probably just get the upgrade but Id rather wait if that were the case. I dont necessarily need the grill right away so if anyone knows anything let me know!

Pretty much narrowed down my search for the best pellet grill for my needs and all signs point to the Mak 1⭐️ General. But before purchasing I was wondering if anyone knows or if anyone has heard of any new models coming out in the near future with any upgrades before I go ahead and buy one now. I know if I buy one and something newer comes out I could probably just get the upgrade but Id rather wait if that were the case. I dont necessarily need the grill right away so if anyone knows anything let me know!

Mak just recently updated their models not too long ago.

Most upgrades you'll be able to retrofit on current grills based off MAK's past history, you can also call MAK and ask if anything new is in the hopper. My 1 Star with the Flame Zone insert is coming up on 2yrs old, does everything I need it todo, plan to be cooking on it 20yrs from now and the way it is built I don't any reason why I won't be able too.

Sup guys! Long time no talk. Been busy with a 3 month little girl. Best thing that’s ever happened to me. Time to get back to bbqing!

Congrats daddy. Been wondering about you! Glad to see you back :)

Alright all. I skimmed several pages here, but WAY too much information to read at all.

Help me decide please:

Budget 2k

Cooking Needs:
-It needs to be able to smoke and grill effectively. I would like a programmable temp of >500 and direct flame cooking if possible.
->1000 sq inches of cooking space
-Reliable wife (and WI-FI)

Grills I have looked at am considering(but open to others): Camp Chef WW WI-FI 36” w/sidekick, Yoder YS640s,
Pitts and Spitts 1250 (well out of price rage optioned out with WI-FI), RT 700, Treager Timberline 1300, broil king royal 500, pellet pro 1190. I actually have a Weber SF Ex6 in a box at home but I am 95% sure it’s going back. Seems like a nightmare.

Thanks in advance!!!

Last edited:
Alright all. I skimmed several pages here, but WAY too much information to read at all.

Help me decide please:

Budget 2k

Cooking Needs:
-Reliable wife

Hrm... I don't know any that come with the Reliable wife option.

Back