What's your favorite use of mayonaise?

We're a Blue Plate Family, but I really like making homemade as well. You can play with your oils and acids depending on what you are making (e.g. use lemon juice or lime juice if using the mayo for a seafood dip).

Also, promise me you will try this: Take 1 cup mayo and mix in 3-4 cloves of roasted garlic and 2 tsp of chili powder. Use as a dipping sauce.

You're welcome.

I like it on about any sandwich. Slaw is good along with bama white sauce.

I use it in place of butter to slather on bread for a grilled sandwich. Much easier to spread and crisps up nicely!

I've always liked mayo instead of butter for grilled cheese but didn't know about using it to protect your buns

It’s like any other fat...water resistant. I suppose fat resistant as well?

I always put a moderate layer underneath the patty (if it makes sense for the style of burger) to help avoid soggy bun syndrome. I almost always grind my own beef and also cook the burger mediumish so plenty of juices to make that bottom bun fall apart.

I make fish taco's with a little dab of mayo on each one after I layer the fish onto the hand made tortilla's and the rest of the good stuff goes on top.
FhXiF33l.jpg

A tie with me:. Fresh tomato and bacon sandwiches, or on a ciabatta bun with smoked turkey, bacon and Swiss. Both loaded with black pepper and Blue Plate.

Back