Wrapped and back on. Bark is looking great!

Almost forgot the pic....lol

Attachments

• 20150628_171803.jpg
    20150628_171803.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 255
Try this again.

Hired help taking a break from mowing. I still suck at this picture thing, but at least I can laugh at myself...lol. Had a fun day, but didn't get any of the roast...went home with the family of the lawnmower dude:mrgreen:

Attachments

• 20150628_131155.jpg
    20150628_131155.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 243
  • 20150628_154956.jpg
    20150628_154956.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 242
  • 20150628_154805.jpg
    20150628_154805.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 243
  • 20150628_175926.jpg
    20150628_175926.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 243
Try this again.

Hired help taking a break from mowing. I still suck at this picture thing, but at least I can laugh at myself...lol. Had a fun day, but didn't get any of the roast...went home with the family of the lawnmower dude:mrgreen:

Looks good! :thumb:

My brisket is almost ready to be taken out of the smoker and rested in an ice chest. I'm going to "attempt" burnt ends with the point. God I hope it works out!

Yeah, everything turned out really well ( I think, since I never cut the beef roast open before I sent it home with my little buddy and his parents), but I opened the intake slightly on the PBC and cooked at about 315 since I was pressed for time. Threw in four good sized apple wood chunks, cooked the chicken, then put the grate in and cooked the roast and the boneless chops. My wife said the chicken was the best yet, but the apple wood and the chops was the BEST in my opinion.

I will say this about the chicken, a little olive oil, some of Noah's all purpose rub, and a couple of hours to marinate in the fridge...the skin was perfect this time.

Wish I could taste your brisket and burnt ends!!

I'll figure this farking picture crap out yet...even if I have to bring in one of my grandkids to show me dammit!

Last edited:
I pulled the brisket separated the point and flat. Wrapped the flat back in foil then a towel and it's resting in the cooler. I cubed the point and of course I had to taste it. Wow! It was delicious. I almost didn't make burnt ends from eating the cubes...lol :biggrin1: But I managed to get them in a pan and added some Stubbs over them mixed them up a little and now they are back in the PBC.

Look how juicy this is with no added liquid!
20150628_190403_zpsrazwidyt.jpg

Here's the point cubed up. Looks yummy! :biggrin1:
20150628_191516_zpsdcdf5ubb.jpg

Awesome! Nice bark Andrew. :thumb:

Thanks ssv3.....BTW, isn't your name Steve?

I just realized I committed a PBC picture post foul! :shock: I didn't get any pics of the brisket hangin! Man I hope you guys will let me stay on the club! Lol. :becky:

Thanks ssv3.....BTW, isn't your name Steve?

I just realized I committed a PBC picture post foul! :shock: I didn't get any pics of the brisket hangin! Man I hope you guys will let me stay on the club! Lol. :becky:

You're fired! But point looks good. How did the flat turn out.

You're fired! But point looks good. How did the flat turn out.

Thanks Bob! The flat turned out fantastic as well. I'm very thrilled with my first brisket. Sorry but I'm going to have to create a separate thread for this cook so I can enter it into the TD! :biggrin1:

Here's what the flat and burnt ends looked like.....
20150628_201238_zpsbpawtctp.jpg

20150628_202226_zpsivuubgee.jpg

Awesome!
20150628_201711_zpstxaxkopq.jpg

I'm no expert, but it sure looks like you kicked some brisket butt!

Thanks bodog! I will say it actually blew away my expectations! :mrgreen:

I forgot to mention the PBC ran for 8 hours today and Im guessing I still had about 1 hour of coal left. I'd say a full basket is good for about 9 to 9 1/2 hours. I guess it could hit 10 before it had nothing left. That's pretty darn good though!

Looks awesome! My flat turned out a little dry. Had it in the cooler for 3 hours as it finished sooner than I thought. Not sure if that was it out not. Burnt ends were awesome. Chicken was even awesomer!

All in all it wasn't bad. Everyone seemed to like it.

Glad yours turned out good!

http://imgur.com/tRcEoPS

http://imgur.com/3D5L5sC

http://imgur.com/D3A7Di8

Briskets are funny like that. The flat is the hardest thing to get right. Was yours a select or choice brisket? I hear select briskets are harder to make juicy.

You cook looked delicious! I'd eat everything you made for sure! :thumb:

The last few inches of the flat are gonna be dry but closer you get to the thicker area should get noticeably juicier.

Briskets are funny like that. The flat is the hardest thing to get right. Was yours a select or choice brisket? I hear select briskets are harder to make juicy.

You cook looked delicious! I'd eat everything you made for sure! :thumb:

Thanks man!
The wife said she doesn't want chicken cooked any other way!

Back