The Long Weekender- thinking about

MaestroBBQ

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Ok, so I am back yard BBQ. But currently I use a WSM. I need more space and am looking into purchasing a Long Weekender from Humphrey's. Any thoughts or suggestions would help.

Humphrey's makes some very nice smokers and the Long Weekender seems like a great bang for the buck insulated cabinet.

I'm also just a backyard'er and purchased a Pint 2 years ago; their weekender's were not available then. Outstanding cooker, very fuel efficient, does not require controller to be manageable - I don't have one and sleep comfortably with it running all night. Easy to learn and understand how to adjust for environmental variables - dry, windy, rain/snow, humid etc. Highly recommend, you won't find two people (Chad & Nicole) who care more about their products and the people who own them. That being said, I think their paint process is their weak link. I knew this going in and got as much stainless as I could afford and keep my cooker covered, clean, waxed/sealer which definitely helps but I still have paint failure at all four top corner caps. Not serious yet but for the investment I made it's a downer but I'd do it again.

I've had my Long Weekender for around 6-7 months now, and love it so much. Two weekends ago I cooked a full KCBS comp on it, and had no capacity issues. This past Saturday I used it for a fundraiser cooking brats and smoked sauerkraut.

Using pans, I was able to cook 80 brats plus 2 - #10 cans of Sauerkraut (I got extra racks) at the same time.

So far I haven't used the performance plate to hook up a temp controller, and am not sure when/if I will need to.

I have one and am pretty happy with it. I have the performance plate but only used it a couple times. It runs better with just the daisy wheel.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Thanks for the responses. I wasn't aware of the paint issues. I will check into this. As a casual weekend bbq guy, this is a lot of money for me to spend for a smoker compared to what I have in the WSM. So I just want to get the most out of my money.

I have a pint and a whole hog cooker. I do not have any paint issues and I love both cookers. Planning on adding one of the weekender lines to my outdoor kitchen...someday.

I have the Weekender. The Long Weekender came along after I bought mine. I love it. It is easy to cook on. I would buy another Humphrey's with no hesitation, and I have recommended them to many people. I consider mine an investment, and I believe the quality of my food has improved with the Humphrey's.

Are the paint issues with their newer models or was this an older model problem?

I'm in the same situation. Own a WSM and also planning on a larger new smoker and am leaning on either a humphreys or more expensive lone star grillz cabinet smoker.

Last edited:
Back