The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   *** ADMIN NOTE *** NO PICS DIDN'T HAPPEN? I call BS! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77439)

Diesel Dave 10-03-2015 05:12 PM

Greg made me do it :whistle:

http://i781.photobucket.com/albums/y...psum8l9lkx.jpg

The_Kapn 10-03-2015 05:17 PM

Ask and you shall receive. 8)

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33 (Post 1164807)
No pics.. Didn't happen. ? :confused:

Well, Maybe it did.
:cool:

Lately, I've seen more and more comments,and even some that appeared to be a little bit on the harsh side regarding pictures, or lack of, in posts and threads.
I know, and I am sure no one here means this to be aynthing but some fun ribbing, but it can be misconstrued by or intimidating to new members, or it can be seen as just plain getting old by the established members.

We all love seeing the photos, but in this forum it is NOT a requirement.
If they are available, great, iof not, lets hear about it and let our imagination and creativity fill in the blanks.

What brought this about? Me, several times this something has happened to me, here in my own backyard, so I am sure it is happening to others. I kept quiet for a while figuring its just me, but today, the same topic was brought up by someone other than myself. That makes it necessary for me to bring this to everyones attention.

What is it you ask?

Several times, I found myself not posting about a cook, or an experience because I did NOT HAVE PICTURES. :eek::eek: WTF...If thats me, I can not imagine how a new member would feel about posting their experiences, then get smacked for not having a picture.


Well Bullchit.
I did it, I cooked it, and it happened, and I want to post about it without a damn picture. :mrgreen::cool: Sometimes Im lazy, or I dont have my camera, or the unspectacular cook resulted in spectacular results.. but alas,?? no pics, it didnt happen??, so I dont post it and no one learns. That ain't right. Tha'ts not what we want. We want to know every damn way there is to do something, and for us to miss out on something for lack of a Polaroid is hurting no one but ourselves.

I would hate for another member to feel intimidated or ostracized, and not post something they did, because they didn't have a photo. Now, this is not to say some good natured ribbing among those that you know must stop, but it would be appreciated if its done with discretion and the blanket statements on any post that doesn't have a photo be kept to a minimum.

Agreed, some posts may warrant it, but theres is nothing spectacular about cooking a pork butt that would make me do a photo shoot every time. That does not mean i dont want to share the technique or recipe, or maybe just the finished product. Without a photo.


So keep the photos coming, but just because u dont have one, its ok. It does not mean we dont want to hear it or understand how u did it.

TIM

silverfinger 10-03-2015 05:32 PM

Now, I was thinking Greg meant the very first post/thread of the brethren website. :wink:
No pic, didn't happen :becky:

Diesel Dave 10-03-2015 05:34 PM

Oh you're trying to get me to dig as deep as possible in the archives......I'm not sure I have all night :shocked:

silverfinger 10-03-2015 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel Dave (Post 3371303)
Oh you're trying to get me to dig as deep as possible in the archives......I'm not sure I have all night :shocked:

All night? It's only 2:40 here yet I find myself eating breakfast with you on many occasions :laugh:

Diesel Dave 10-03-2015 05:42 PM

This is the earliest I can find

Quote:

BBQCHEF33 12-07-2005, 06:10 PM
Welcome to the BBQ Brethren. Our Mission: We are an Online BBQ community dedicated to the teaching, promoting and growth of the Art of BBQ. We are here for both the backyard enthusiast and seasoned veteran. We have membership ranging from the Backyard to the American Royal. Our goal: To help anyone who comes in to make the best BBQ they ever produced, whether it be for your family, your friends or the KCBS judge,a nd at the same time, build lasting friendships and a commaraderie that makes us stand out from other internet forums.

Our forum is more than just a BBQ group. If you decide to stay, you will see that we are a true Brotherhood, where the Spirit of the Brethren is evident in the friendships you will build in our forum. It is this culture that we nurture. We have no tolerance for flame wars, name calling, or bad karma. Reality sometimes sucks, and this can be a place to escape the stress. We want the BBQ Brethren Forums to be a place to escape and hang out with friends, not a place to be thrown into drama or become stressed out. We have several organized "brethren bashes" a year where members from all across the country gather to shake hands, have a beer and share in the smoke. The last thing we want or will allow is animosity among our ranks, so don't do anything that will breed it to among your fellow que'ers. What we do want is, if the day comes, and you say here you need some help, for whatever reason, some of us, from somewhere, will be at your doorstep. We are The Brethren, Your Brothers in Smoke.

Please keep in mind, we are a 'Family' site. This means that our content should remain for the most part family friendly(or work friendly). Although we do not expect to be attracting all the wives and children, we want to keep it so no one is put in an uncomfortable situation explaining off color or suggestive/erotic photos while sitting with their wife and kids in the living room. Also, content is to remain where it can not be picked up by corporate scanners or misconstrued as anything but a family website. There is plenty of off color sites on the internet. We do not want that stuff here.

Our moderators go out of there way to protect many demographics. Please understand that something that may be humorous to you, may be offensive or off color to someone else. We have a large group of moderators in order to represent the many regions and beliefs of our membership. if a moderator finds something that he may think is hurtful, racist, slurring or offensive, the chances are he may be a representative of a small group of your friends on this board that u have not meet in person. This is a BBQ board, there is no harm in removing a post deemed off color, vulgar or offensive. We are not removing a major organ or a limb, it is a post. Life will go on without it, and it may have saved someone becoming pissed or stressed out over it. It is all abut keeping the peace and reducing the drama.

WE have been around for many years. Over these years, members have become familiar with one another, some personally, some virtually. To a new member just arriving, you may see some inside jokes, members throwing friendly jabs at each other and/or some things that seem cliquish. We assure you, we don't have, or tolerate cliques here. All are welcome and when or if your confused about something, just ask, and you will be either pointed to the place of origin or somewhere will explain our vocabulary, culture, etc.

Also, bare in mind that the internet is the written word, and does not make allowances for non verbal language skills. Void of body language, intonation and social queues, the written word at time can and will be misconstrued. Please, allow the benefit of the doubt when reading posts, and safely assume that no one here is going out of their way to hurt or insult. Discussion may become serious, and sometimes heated, but respecting one and others opinions is key. At times, we must agree to disagree and move on. If that is ever not the case, a moderator or admin will step in. Members can use the 'report bad post" feature if they see things going awry and no mods are available.

Please enjoy our forum for what it is. A group of people bonded together by the craft of BBQ. Hopefully, you will find a best friend here to sit down, enjoy a beer with, and with our help and techniques, make some of the bast damn BBQ you, your friends and family every had.. And when your ready to take the plunge, we will see u at the American Royal, with the support of your BBQ Brethren cheering you on.

Diesel Dave 10-03-2015 05:43 PM

And it's nice to start the day with you Ray :tea:

silverfinger 10-03-2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diesel Dave (Post 3371312)
This is the earliest I can find

Good post. Still not the first one.
Bet someone will post the first real soon!

Ron_L 10-03-2015 05:47 PM

Why don't you guys start a thread in WP on this instead of using this thread?

:thumb:

silverfinger 10-03-2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron_L (Post 3371322)
Why don't you guys start a thread in WP on this instead of using this thread?

:thumb:

Sorry Ron,
Meant no disrespect.

This thread has about 250 posts.
We were just having a little fun.
It stops from me.

gtr 10-03-2015 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfinger (Post 3371300)
Now, I was thinking Greg meant the very first post/thread of the brethren website. :wink:
No pic, didn't happen :becky:

Actually I did mean a pic of the "no pics didn't happen - I call BS" thread. 'Cuz I wasn't sure it happened until I saw a pic. But now I've seen a pic backed up by a quote, so I know it happened. At least I think so....

But yeah, first post ever here - here's the oldest I've found. There may be older, but it would probably take more than 30 seconds of effort, which is beyond what I got (yeah, I know - TWSS):

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6676

I'll take a pic of it to be sure it happened. :thumb:

gtr 10-03-2015 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gtr (Post 3371332)
Actually I did mean a pic of the "no pics didn't happen - I call BS" thread. 'Cuz I wasn't sure it happened until I saw a pic. But now I've seen a pic backed up by a quote, so I know it happened. At least I think so....

But yeah, first post ever here - here's the oldest I've found. There may be older, but it would probably take more than 30 seconds of effort, which is beyond what I got (yeah, I know - TWSS):

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6676

I'll take a pic of it to be sure it happened. :thumb:

Edit - sorry Ron! :oops:

daveis1 10-28-2015 12:26 PM

Thanks for the helpful info from a very new member.

chashint 11-06-2015 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBQchef33 (Post 1164807)
No pics.. Didn't happen. ? :confused:

Well, Maybe it did.
:cool:

Lately, I've seen more and more comments,and even some that appeared to be a little bit on the harsh side regarding pictures, or lack of, in posts and threads.
I know, and I am sure no one here means this to be aynthing but some fun ribbing, but it can be misconstrued by or intimidating to new members, or it can be seen as just plain getting old by the established members.

We all love seeing the photos, but in this forum it is NOT a requirement.
If they are available, great, iof not, lets hear about it and let our imagination and creativity fill in the blanks.

What brought this about? Me, several times this something has happened to me, here in my own backyard, so I am sure it is happening to others. I kept quiet for a while figuring its just me, but today, the same topic was brought up by someone other than myself. That makes it necessary for me to bring this to everyones attention.

What is it you ask?

Several times, I found myself not posting about a cook, or an experience because I did NOT HAVE PICTURES. :eek::eek: WTF...If thats me, I can not imagine how a new member would feel about posting their experiences, then get smacked for not having a picture.


Well Bullchit.
I did it, I cooked it, and it happened, and I want to post about it without a damn picture. :mrgreen::cool: Sometimes Im lazy, or I dont have my camera, or the unspectacular cook resulted in spectacular results.. but alas,?? no pics, it didnt happen??, so I dont post it and no one learns. That ain't right. Tha'ts not what we want. We want to know every damn way there is to do something, and for us to miss out on something for lack of a Polaroid is hurting no one but ourselves.

I would hate for another member to feel intimidated or ostracized, and not post something they did, because they didn't have a photo. Now, this is not to say some good natured ribbing among those that you know must stop, but it would be appreciated if its done with discretion and the blanket statements on any post that doesn't have a photo be kept to a minimum.

Agreed, some posts may warrant it, but theres is nothing spectacular about cooking a pork butt that would make me do a photo shoot every time. That does not mean i dont want to share the technique or recipe, or maybe just the finished product. Without a photo.


So keep the photos coming, but just because u dont have one, its ok. It does not mean we dont want to hear it or understand how u did it.

Or bump it like so?

Ron_L 01-01-2016 12:04 PM

Looks like this needs a bump! Nothing has changed. Please read the post quoted above!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
2003 -2012 BBQ-Brethren Inc. All rights reserved. All Content and Flaming Pig Logo are registered and protected under U.S and International Copyright and Trademarks. Content Within this Website Is Property of BBQ Brethren Inc. Reproduction or alteration is strictly prohibited.