How to: London Broil?

TrueBlueEagle

Knows what a fatty is.
Hey guys, had London Broil on sale, and we can't get tri tip near my location. I'm wanting to try and cook the london broil kinda like I've seen tri tip cooked. Any pointers on time/temps? I'll be cooking this on my akorn. I was planning for a reverse sear and shoot for a nice med rare. Planning on doing a long marinade on this, but not sure what to rub with? Any ideas?

if you are doing a marinade, just rub it down with a little bit of salt and pepper. Cook it to about 125 indirect, then throw it over the coals till 135 degrees. Pull it off and let it rest for about 10-15mins and slice against the grain.

I generally marinade london broil in a teriyaki type marinade, overnight. I then slice it it, against the grain and quickly sear the pieces over high heat.
Yummy!

I think aawa nailed it.
It's simple and when sliced think is might tasty.

if you are doing a marinade, just rub it down with a little bit of salt and pepper. Cook it to about 125 indirect, then throw it over the coals till 135 degrees. Pull it off and let it rest for about 10-15mins and slice against the grain.

Yep, cook it hot, or smoke and reverse sear, the key in no hotter than 135°

London broil is a preparation, not a cut of beef. It is traditionally made using flank steak. Do you know what cut you have? If it is flank steak don't cook it beyond medium rare or it will get tough, and make sure that you cut it against the grain.

London broil is a preparation, not a cut of beef. It is traditionally made using flank steak. Do you know what cut you have? If it is flank steak don't cook it beyond medium rare or it will get tough, and make sure that you cut it against the grain.

I'm not sure? I would assume it's flank. the package just says "London Broil"

Hello neighbor. Give this marinade a try, you can thank me later.

12 oz. can of Dr. Pepper soda
4 oz. olive oil
4 oz. Dale's Steak Seasoning
1 clove fresh garlic minced
2 tbsp. of Montreal Steak Grill Mates

Add liquid ingredients, clove of fresh garlic and seasoning to sauce pot set on medium heat. Allow to simmer, turning heat down to low, for 15 minutes.
Allow marinade to cool down to room temperature.
Pour marinade into zip lock bag over London Broil.
Marinate in refrigerator for 6 - 8 hours. Overnight is best
Remove meat from refrigerator and allow to come room temperature.

Preheat grill to 400 degrees and throw the meat on. It will take about 10 min. on each side, check with thermometer to get desired temp, about 135 it.

Don't forget to tent with foil for about 10 before slicing against the grain.

I cook it @200 ~1hr to an 1.5hrs flipping every 15mins then on high heat sear both sides call it a day it ends up med rare. I'd say aawa pretty close with IT just never really checked it

Of course cut against the grain and on a bias :)

Back