THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

drallan81

Knows what a fatty is.
Local grocer had London Broil (listed as Top Cab) had a buy 1 get 2 free sale the other day. So of course I grabbed a few of the ones that looked the best (might go back and get more). Looking for suggestions on how to cook as I've now got plenty and want to try different strategies.

Typically I just SPG and grill on high until mid-rare and slice thin. Open to other options, marinade, etc.

Thoughts?

A couple weeks ago my neighbor soaked one overnight in teriyaki sauce then into his Akorn till med. rare. Came out real good.

Overnight in Italian salad dressing...pat dry...then spg...grill to 135...slice against the grain. Can be very flavorful. If overcooked pretty chewy..so be careful.

Also second the jerky reco.

I'm assuming it's top round, which is what all the grocers around here sell for London broil. I marinate for several hours in soy sauce, honey, oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, and ginger. Then cook on a very hot grill, lid open, turning frequently, until it reaches an IT of 120-125 F. Let rest for ten minutes, slice thinly across the grain, put it on a warm ceramic platter loosely tented with foil, and serve on toasted crostini with bearnaise sauce. Really good eats from a cheap piece of meat.

I like to marinate in soy sauce, worchestershire, lime juice, garlic,sugar, and veg oil overnight, then a quick sear on both sides then low and slow in a pan of its own juices till it reaches 125F then let rest.

Back