Flat Top Grillers A Question 4U

Mike Twangzer

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
When you grill/fry burgers, onions, bacon ... does the grease splatter all over ? If so what might the radius of splatter be ? Up the walls ... all over the cement ... do you use the grill on a large rug ? Should I wear a splatter protector ? or just consider it BBQ fryart ?

I've been using my BS 36 in the garage for almost 2 months now and I haven't noticed any splatter zone, but my floor isn't exactly pristine. I would say I average 2+ cooks per week on it between burgers and breakfasts.
The interior of my truck smells like a diner, but in a good kind of way.
If you are concerned, a sacrificial rug like you mentioned wouldn't be a bad idea.
I'm not at all concerned once it moves outside in the spring.

I also use mine in the garage. I do notice a little splatter on the concrete but it's not a lot. I few times I have used a broken down box in front of the Blackstone to catch it.

Like I said though, it's not a lot.

I have the 36" Blackstone on my deck. It doesn't splatter as much as you would think. The side tables stay clean when I do bacon or smash burgers.

You can see some splatter on the hard top that I hang on the back while cooking..
I do keep a rubber mat and grill rug underneath the cooker to catch any spills..

w9wS8aw.jpg

orLZaCb.jpg

I should mention, part of the splatter on the hard cover (lid) is from pulling the lid over the food at the end of a cook to melt cheese, etc.. I do this with the burners turned off.

I have mine on the deck and I haven't noticed any splashing on the ground but there is some on the rail that's behind it.

Which is not to say that there isn't grease on the deck boards but that was mostly the time that I forgot to put the drip cup back in the hanger while cooking bacon. :oops:

I usually have some type of rug under the weber but that's for my clumsiness. Good idea to use a rug for spills. I don't cook in the garage but with an epoxy floor anything would clean up nicely .... if I don't first slip and crack my head.

Thanks all and jeannie ... I only hope my flat top will look as good as yours ... yum

I love our griddle and use it quite often in the garage. We have a big family and love to entertain. It gets loaded down quite often. Very little splatter.

my open area is mostly cement and pavers. I'm going to have to be careful so I don't tick off you know who..

I have had the Camp Chef Flat Top 600 for quite a while now now and you will get some splatter but naturally it depends on what you are cooking. I have mine on my back deck and use a large vinyl mat under it, to catch the splatter, so cleanup is easy.

Back