The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.

The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/index.php)
-   Q-talk (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   *** ADMIN NOTE *** NO PICS DIDN'T HAPPEN? I call BS! (https://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=77439)

pigdog 02-01-2010 04:36 PM

ok, you guys asked for it. Wait till I show you my crappy looking stuff, you'll be pleading for me to not show again.

Yeah, I am a bad smoker of meat and man enough to admit it. I'll just live vicariously through those that know what they're doing.

Ron_L 02-01-2010 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phubar (Post 1164820)
I know what you mean PoobaH but many times (for me) pics speak louder than words...just saying.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phubar (Post 1164823)
So...where are the pics!?:biggrin:

You didn't just ask yourself for pictures, did you? :-D

BTW, I agree that pics speak louder than words, and I love the pics, but I also love the descriptions and procedures and ingredient lists, especially if it is something that i have never made before. In some cases, that type of info is more important than pics.

BobBrisket 02-01-2010 04:39 PM

Phil,

So then what you are trying to say is that "sometimes it's okay to buy a girlie mag just for the articles?" :twisted:

Funny how I think about it now that you brought it up, but many times I've not posted either because I didn't have pics......I'm still working on pics for the caulking thread, but that's another story. You are right. Many new members might get the wrong idea or impression when they are ribbed for not having pron. We should encourage posting without pics also. I must say that your "Farking Fawoosh" thread would have even more enjoyable with said pron though!:wink::-D
Keep up the great Modding!
Bob

Rick's Tropical Delight 02-01-2010 04:40 PM

i got to tell you i was offended by the guy that said posting photos was lame.

G$ 02-01-2010 04:42 PM

Amen. And I thought I was the only one that just was kind of tired of that mantra.

millsy 02-01-2010 04:46 PM

Well said Grand Poobah

landarc 02-01-2010 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rick's Tropical Delight (Post 1164941)
i got to tell you i was offended by the guy that said posting photos was lame.

How did you know I was gonna post that before I posted it?

NO pics on the caulking thread!

bbqbull 02-01-2010 04:51 PM

Thinking out loud here.......ive been doing bbq on a Klose pit since 2001, been a member here since 05-06 dont remember.
I learned just a couple years ago how to post photos here.....middle age man.

I do quite a bit of bbq yet dont have my camera here at home as wife uses it for her work ocasionaly.

I too was intimidated during my first couple of years here not knowing or not having the equipment to post photos of my cooks.
We just got an air card a couple years ago which was a huge help in even posting a picture from time to time.
Hell I could not even view half the photos with dial up service here.

I believe I too was chastised for not posting photos but am glad I did not leave the greatest forum on the planet!

There are a few examples of why I did not post photos for some time, im sure there are others who are in the same situation that I was in.

Thanks Phil!

chambersuac 02-01-2010 04:53 PM

You know, I can take ribbing for not posting pictures. What hacks me off is when someone complains that I didn't post enough pictures of a cook - or that the pictures were not high enough in quality.

Rick's Tropical Delight 02-01-2010 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by landarc (Post 1164956)
How did you know I was gonna post that before I posted it?

NO pics on the caulking thread!

i'm not talking about the caulking thread.

i intentionally didn't take photos and did not post text or photos of some cooks because of the rant on here and in a personal blog saying posting photos for responses was lame and the responses were lame as well. i thought that was the whole purpose of qtalk. maybe i just don't understand.

BBQchef33 02-01-2010 05:15 PM

that was the opinion of a very bored individual.

:)

Alan in Ga 02-01-2010 05:19 PM

As a new member to the forum and I just learned to post pics myself I find it a great experience to show off our cooking. Heck I posted a pic to the asian throwdown(not the clearest but there). I don't take pics of every cook but I love to talk about them either wa this is the best forum I have found and am proud to be a member (contributing soon) Alan

jacob 02-01-2010 05:25 PM

Sounds like a plan.

Phubar 02-01-2010 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron_L (Post 1164935)
You didn't just ask yourself for pictures, did you? :-

:wink:

Words,pictures and vids is how I learned a lot these couple of months from you guys...still I think pics are very important and I'm glad to see people doing their best to show their process of prepping foods (or smoker build) to show the rest how they do it and maybe can learn from it.
And I agree with that you don't have to post pics of a dish you've made numerous of times but it's cool to see progress in your Brother's or Sisters' work.

Norcoredneck 02-01-2010 05:32 PM

Like it or not, your gonna get pics from me!:twisted:
http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/at...0&d=1264897279

JUCY! All natural butter.