THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

We used to have a lady come around the bar once a month selling cheese. She was called the cheese lady for obvious reasons. She sold a bacon cheese that made the best mac and cheese. Yums! It melted perfectly.

If you can't find a similar cheese, you could try chopping up some cooked bacon and adding a little of the bacon grease into it as well.

Being a Wisconsinite we have a wide selection of cheeses. I have had bacon cheese before and know where to get some (Simons in Little Chute for you locals.). Great suggestion!

no matter what ya make, save some, cube it in say 2" cubes, dip in egg wash, roll in panko and DEEP FRY it. YUM!

Hands down the best macaroni and cheese in the world is Emeril's. I make it all the time and it is one of my favorite dishes ever. It can get pricey because of the cheese (Parmigiano-Reggiano, fontina, gruyere, and cheddar), but so worth it. I use Barilla elbows because it has the ridges to help the cheese stick.

http://emeril.com/recipe/6829/Macaroni-with-Four-Cheeses

I've made this recipe from emeril and it was great. Best flavor of any mac n cheese i've ever done.

Back