THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BBQ_MAFIA

somebody shut me the fark up.
I'm looking to buy either the XL Woo for my BGE or the XL EGGspander Basket.
They both basically do the same thing. I was wondering if you liked the functionality of one over the other and why.
I know the Woo is cheaper then the EGGspander, but I'm more interested in functional and quality differances.

Thanks for the help.

I don't have the EGGspander, but I do have a Woo. It's great to elevate the grate level one or two notches. I like to set mine on top of the plate setter with a drip pan to really elevate the grate level for indirect cooks above the gasket line. .

tIikkeqh.jpg

IMO, the grate level on a stock BGE is too low. The Woo solves that problem and I use it every cook. Well spend money.

I had just the Woo in my medium. I kept the place setter in it most of the time. It made removal of the grate and setter very easy when it came time to light it. And without the place setter it worked well for rasing the grate flush. As far as the expander goes, that's completely dependent on how much you cook at one time.

I don't have the EGGspander, but I do have a Woo. It's great to elevate the grate level one or two notches. I like to set mine on top of the plate setter with a drip pan to really elevate the grate level for indirect cooks above the gasket line. .

tIikkeqh.jpg

IMO, the grate level on a stock BGE is too low. The Woo solves that problem and I use it every cook. Well spend money.
Thanks!

I'm looking to buy either the XL Woo for my BGE or the XL EGGspander Basket.
They both basically do the same thing. I was wondering if you liked the functionality of one over the other and why.
I know the Woo is cheaper then the EGGspander, but I'm more interested in functional and quality differances.

Thanks for the help.
I have the XL Woo too...love it.

I've used it in my BGE XL with a coal "ring" to concentrate heat in center, and my big carbon steel wok for heavy duty stir fry...great for that (but keep the welding gloves on).

I use it normally for cast iron grates on top of it for grilling, and for two level cooking I put a half moon deflector on one side.....

Has been a work horse for me for years, so, highly recommend.

cayenne

Back