WSM 14.5 Price

Too much... Just build a mini if you're really wanting a cooker that small. Personally, imcant think of why I need a smoker that small though.

I don't know. I have less than half of that in my master forge and with the mods I've done (and have yet to do), it will be roughly equivalent featurewise. Even considering that the Weber will be a higher quality product and would require little, if any, mods, it still seems to be a bit overpriced.

Meh...$200 for what looks to be an entry level product is way too much.

I understand Weber has a quality premium over almost everyone else in the big-box grill department but $100-$130 price premium against the entry level stuff is a bit high IMHO.

the people who are just dipping their feet into BBQ will probably opt for the Brinkman or other low cost entry level smoker and the people in the know will probably decide the 14" is too small and will opt to save the extra ducats to get the 18 or 22.

But that's just my opinion. Again, Weber makes some great chit but to price yourself $100 over a 22 OTS (which IMHO is the better buy as with some mods and add-on can smoke almost as well) or the mini-WSM project which they HAVE to know about just seems a little self-defeating.

I don't know how to feel. It seems odd to make one just a little bit smaller than the 18.5. But you can say the same for the 22 vs 18.5.

But then again, I've been thinking about building a Mini WSM for small cooks

I have no doubt they will sell.

People that are new to the hobby may look at the 22 and the price tag, then look at the at 1/2 the price and think thats all they will ever need and scoop them up.

Until they get hooked lol

Back