THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

thillin

somebody shut me the fark up.
How good do you think a base of a pecan tree is for smoking? It's about about 4 feet wide & 2-3 feet tall. Was thinking of cutting it like a pie into wedges. Then the wedges could be split or cut into slices like discs. The discs could be used whole, or broken into chunks.

I have access to 2 of these monster "stumps". Most of the wood would be barkless.

What do you think, is it worth it?

Ty

I would say yes it is but when you say the bark is missing, is that cause it's been sitting around for a while? Regardless, if it's not rotten, then I'd cut it into 6-8" sections and then split it as many times as needed to get it down to the right size. That's the way I cut my hickory and oak I use for smoking. And while these logs aren't as big as what you describe, they sure split easy with a single bit axe.

Back