winning boxes

That is what they said also. I got a slip. I guess I don't fully understand across the grain. I will do some searches here to check it out.

Check out this picture from our friends @ Bob's Hogs. You can see how the meat has a distinct grain running in one direction highlighted by the long strips of fat running almost directly right to left. Cutting as he is, perpendicular to that grain is cutting across the grain.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 473
Ya know what....live and learn. We all start at the bottom and work our way up. I've got a few DAL's from our first competition to prove that.

Keep practicing, it does pay off.

Best of luck bro!!

photo%20(5).JPG

Photo%20Jun%2017,%201%2002%2025%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Jun%2017,%201%2025%2007%20PM.jpg

not winners, but close. at least some direction. bbqcritic has ALOT more.

i dunno why they're not showing...sorry.

They aren't showing because you have linked to a location on your local hard drive...

C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/user/My%20Documents/Downloads/photo%20(5).JPG

The pics need to be in the internet somewhere in order for the IMG tags to work.

So Chromestack ... What did we learn?

The first thing that stood out was the chunked pieces in the front. they are ok (just ok) but should have had a bit less in the pulled pile so it didn't look so jumbled. The other thought was to make the garnish a little more uniform. and final thought to lightly sauce the money. I did sauce the back side but was really trying not to hide the smoke ring.

The first thing that stood out was the chunked pieces in the front. they are ok (just ok) but should have had a bit less in the pulled pile so it didn't look so jumbled. The other thought was to make the garnish a little more uniform. and final thought to lightly sauce the money. I did sauce the back side but was really trying not to hide the smoke ring.

it was those shoes that did you in

I gave sled the permission to post a pic of the 180 pork from last weekend in bel air. The pic is posted prior to taking the tweezers and really lining up with pork perfectly and fixing all the parsley. He should be loading soon. Enjoy and bash me if you'd like!

Back