THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

swamprb

somebody shut me the fark up.
Got some frozen Wild Alaskan King Salmon filets the other day for a cookout for my son and friends. 6 fillets @4+ lbs each and all they wanted was variety, I saw to that!

100_2809.jpg

Chunked up one side and did some Little Chief Alder Smoked

100_2823.jpg

100_2824.jpg

It was a Red Weber kind of day! Fired up with Best of the West Mesquite Lump

100_2831.jpg

On the left we have a side with Garlic Apple Jelly with Maple syrup glaze, the right side is a Yoshidas Gourmet sauce marinade with Brown sugar and Ginger, with Apple and Maple splits for smoke.

100_2832.jpg

100_2834.jpg

Here we have two sides dusted with Dizzy Pig Raging River on Cedar Planks

100_2833.jpg

100_2835.jpg

100_2836.jpg

100_2837.jpg

I gotta say my favorite was the Raging River on the Plank! Melt in your mouth goodness with a nice zing and fantastic aromatic of the cedar.

Enjoy!

"I gotta say my favorite was the Raging River on the Plank! Melt in your mouth goodness with a nice zing and fantastic aromatic of the cedar."

Yeah baby...yeah! :p

"drooling", haven't had dinner yet! Wow Brian, great job! So, dumb question time...
do you re-use the plank wood? or is that asking for trouble?...

Count your blessings

The stuff they sell and call salmon here in the east is so sad, and there are many here that have never had real wild western salmon. Unbelievable stuff.
Of course, we have a bit of a lobster glut going on here right now. 6.50 per for 1.5 pounders.
Haddock is also dirt cheap. Striper is free, just gotta work for it a bit.

It disappeared fast! Sixteen college kids, I love cooking for them.

I saved enough smoked Salmon to mix into Big Brother Smokes Crab Cake recipe!

Back