Why I'll Always be a Oak Ridge BBQ Customer

Eads Ranch

Full Fledged Farker
Some friends of mine started a Foundation in honor of their daughter who died last February. In a momentary lapse of judgment they asked me to be on the board of directors. Subsequently we planned a fundraiser for August 1st and we all got busy looking for auction items. On July 15th I called Oak Ridge BBQ to hear the recording that they were closed for two weeks. So I messaged Mike through the forum. On July 29th I received a email from Mike saying he would be glad to donate some rubs for auction items and when was our event. I emailed Mike back and told him since we were tight on time if he sent them overnight he could use my FedEx account number. The next day I received a email from Mike with a UPS tracking number as he had shipped them at his expense. He sent me enough to make four auction items.

You can see Abbey's Story here: https://www.aekellerfund.org/

Our goal was to raise between $50,000 to $60,000. Thanks to the generosity of people like Mike we were able to raise over $80,000.

Sounds like another example of their solid values. I love 'em because their stuff tastes great. I gave up making my own rubs after sampling and using theirs. Great company. Great taste. That's how you make a successful company

Sounds like another example of their solid values. I love 'em because their stuff tastes great. I gave up making my own rubs after sampling and using theirs. Great company. Great taste. That's how you make a successful company

Yes sir it is. Have a Tomahawk Ribeye on the smoker now that was seared with Carne Crosta.

Isn’t it funny how quality people and quality companies go hand in hand. Yet another reason to support Oakridge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great story and thanks for sharing. I try to support great people and companies whenever I have to opportunity, and now I have another reason to do it again, and when that person is also a brethren, it gives me a great sense of pride. Thanks Mike!

Isn’t it funny how quality people and quality companies go hand in hand.
Amazing how that works - has me in business for 30 years -
I am a big Oakridge supporter -
Secret Weapon, Dominator, Carne Crosta..

I will be thinking Oakridge when I order my fall football seasonings.....in large part to this. I really have a big place in my being for people that don’t ask, just do things for people in need.......congrats and thanks for being a stand up guy.....you and Oakridge.

2 Words: Brethren Standard.

I'm constantly floored by the good folks we have around here who honestly give a rat's rear end about their fellow man and do most anything they can to lend a hand.

Hat's off to both Mike and you, Randy.

I never used Oak Ridge, didn't feel I needed to try another collection of spices and rubs and have the wife up my butt about it...

Then I read this thread and placed and order. :eusa_clap

A great post and a great company!

Thanks for sharing.

Good luck and success!

Thanks for the kind words, Randy (and everyone else :icon_blush: ) and congrats on the huge success of the event! That's awesome so much money was raised!!! Was glad to be a small part of it.

:thumb: :thumb:

Back