Who's gonna win KCBS TOY

That was a good politico response Jeff.... :roll:

Actually, Scottie, I would have said the same thing regardless of what I'm involved in. I like Rod and Steve both and have friends who are close to each. I recently was introduced to Darren in Lynchburg and he was exactly the great guy I always heard he was. So I wouldn't want take away from what any of them have accomplished in making this a kick arse race to the finish line!

Actually, Scottie, I would have said the same thing regardless of what I'm involved in. I like Rod and Steve both and have friends who are close to each. I recently was introduced to Darren in Lynchburg and he was exactly the great guy I always heard he was. So I wouldn't want take away from what any of them have accomplished in making this a kick arse race to the finish line!

Well, I am in the same boat. As all 3 of these guys are my buds... I can't come out and root for one over another. Just wouldn't be right. It would be nice if they all could win. I know I wish I was there! Can't say I would want to be having to do what they are doing driving all over the country. That is over-rated!!! :wink:

Does Clone have his lucky runner this weekend? That could be a deciding factor.....

Well, I am in the same boat. As all 3 of these guys are my buds... I can't come out and root for one over another. Just wouldn't be right. It would be nice if they all could win. I know I wish I was there! Can't say I would want to be having to do what they are doing driving all over the country. That is over-rated!!! :wink:

You got that right. I don't envy them, but I do enjoy watching the blood lust. This is what KCBS needs... an exciting race to the finish. The fact that there are three of them in it with GC's each in their last three contests is awesome. No one can argue that all three are at the very, very top of the game with only a small, small handful in the same league. To me, the results are proof that TOY works. No one can say that these three guys aren't among the very, very best and don't deserve to be there.

What they are doing also proves that no matter what the TOY system, you have to work for it, travel for it, pay for it, and earn it. Rod and Darrin have more contests in their area than they could ever attend. They could each do 40 contests a year and not travel more than 2-3 hours away. Yet Rod has probably put on more miles this year than probably anyone in BBQ.

Let's not forget Steve's 40 hour drive home. OMFG!!

I gotta pull for ISS, Steve has been kinda my neighbor at NewHolland since I started a couple of years ago and has always been cool to me. Im sure the others are great people as well, just gotta go with who I know..

I wish the cameras were rolling this weekend out in AZ. Would be great to see a live feed from the contest all weekend, I know I'd be watching. And I know I'll be glued to my monitor Saturday evening.
Good luck and safe travels to all that are going.
Me, I'm pullin for that Yankee fellow.:p

Well I know all 3 of them. I've cooked against them been in classes with them and had good times when they are around. All 3 will be a great TOY champion and will support the KCBS in 2010 as the champion. I'd say the Rod has the edge being ahead today but anybody could take GC this weekend including all 30+ teams. Good luck to all.

And one other thing about these 3 individuals - if you look up competitive or driven to win you'll find their picture. 3 very different individuals but peas in a pod when it comes to winning.

:-D I Smell Smoke!, heck thats all I ever heard. That was usually after we got our call up.:-D

Go get em Steve and Crew!

I only know Iowa Smokey D's and will have to go with him. I will have to go along with Ron on this one, if he wins I can say I was beat buy the TOY.

Gotta pull for the Beast from the East: ISS!

Best to all three teams!

Can someone post a link to info about how TOY is determined? (Newbie question I know.)

This is one of the best bbq races I've ever seen! I'm lucky to call all three friends and customers. I'd say the odds are on Rod, especially if he leaves right after brisket turn in... Both Steve and Darren would have to GC to pull ahead, but Rod maybe only has to get a top 5 overall. Depends on if the judges like pellets! Maybe Rod should toss some in the Geer firebox just to get the "right" wood flavor!

I may be mistaken but I think that Rod wins as long as neither Darren nor Steve GC. Based on that, I'd put my money on Rod to be the winner of this year's KCBS ToY race.

I asked Darren and Steve on Tuesday night if they felt more pressure than usual since one of them needs to win GC in order to overtake Rod...they both said all the pressure was squarely on Rod's shoulders. Now, seeing as Rod wins TOTY if neither of them win GC I don't see how there isn't more pressure on ISD and ISS...but WTF do I know!

All 3 of them are accessible, honest and tell it like it is! I appreciate that more than anything!

I'm looking for ISS to come out on top. Another win for New England would be sweet.

Good luck to Steve and the entire ISS crew.

I wonder who that Diva chic is bett'n on?:rolleyes:
Good luck to whoever wins, they all deserve to be TOY.

Back