Who gets to cook for Mother's Day?

bander7003

Full Fledged Farker
It's not that the wifey doesn't like BBQ, she does. BUT I guarantee it won't be her choice for what to have on Sunday. If I'm lucky, she'll want something like burgers or a steak or even chicken wings, but it'll probably be Chinese food or something healthy :puke:

[Now if it was Father's Day, I'd be spending the entire day on the patio with my smokers and a beer.]

Anyway, what are the food requests out there for Mother's Day?

I'll be cooking something, but I'm waiting for my wife to decide what she wants.

Fortunately, my wife loves BBQ! I'll be cooking a Wagyu brisket and a Compart Duroc pork butt for Mothers Day. My wife and kids are Bob's Hogs Competition BBQ Team, so we're using it as an excuse for a practice cook.

On Fathers Day, we'll all be cooking together again at the Rock N Ribfest in Merrimack, NH.

Fortunately, my wife loves BBQ! I'll be cooking a Wagyu brisket and a Compart Duroc pork butt for Mothers Day. My wife and kids are Bob's Hogs Competition BBQ Team, so we're using it as an excuse for a practice cook.

On Fathers Day, we'll all be cooking together again at the Rock N Ribfest in Merrimack, NH.

That's awesome. You're a smart man. I should get my wife on a BBQ team. That would be a good way to smoke more often. I had to google "Compart Duroc" to see what it was. Looks great.

Ive got my first Wagyu in the fridge unthawed for this weekend. Think I might take a picture of it pre cooked and put that in the card for her lol!

My wife asked for a chicken. So I will be doing that, 4 BB ribs and probably a small brisket. I don't get any brownie points either. They figured out years ago that I enjoy it too much.

I am doing a Boston Butt and a couple racks of ribs on Mother's Day. Saturday I am doing 50# of Maryland Style Pit Beef for a friend's party.

Going out to brunch at $36 a head.... My parents and In laws are coming also. Going to be an expensive Sunday.... I already laid down the law for fathers day. I am cooking and may try my fist brisket that day.

I'm feeling like a lucky man. Having the families over to celebrate my Mom, my mother-in-law, and my grandmother in law --

By request: Brisket, ribs, chicken wings (might throw on a pork butt because we have a couple picky eaters that LOVE our pork butt).

Oh, but my Mom's (sadly) a vegetarian. So lots of grilled veggies and a couple casseroles for her.

Going to be a fun (but early) Sunday!

My mom requested BB ribs, so I'm smoking those tomorrow. And I'm smoking a whole chicken and bacon onion rings for the in-laws on Sunday. And my wife has requested sushi in between. Good eating and a great time!

I'll be smoking 3 slabs pork spare ribs
2 slabs beef back ribs :biggrin1:

Attachments

• DOUBLE STACK.jpg
    DOUBLE STACK.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 35
Wife has volunteered to make some Korean food for a friend, so I don't get to cook Sunday. Probably throw something on tomorrow, but have no idea what yet.

Back