THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hudler

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Name or Nickame
Hud
The Blaze looks amazing with heavy 304 SS all around. Lots of room, heavy burners and all the features I would want. The reviews are really good.
https://www.bbqguys.com/blaze-outdo...g-propane-gas-grill-with-rear-infrared-burner

The Sedona is a bit smaller and comes with one U type main burner and a real nice sear main burner. It a!so has the rear rotisserie burner. Great quality, made in the USA by Lynx.
https://www.bbqguys.com/lynx/sedona...red-prosear-burner-and-rotisserie-l500psfr-lp

The price for both grills is the same. Which one should I get? The Blaze is bigger, heavier, 304 stainless and made in China. The Sedona is 204 Stainless and made by a great company in the US. Reviews are equally favorable. Anybody with real world experience with these two grills? What would you buy? Both are floor model on clearance so I should act pretty quick! Thanks for any help.

The apartment complex where I work bought a 5 burner 36" Blaze for the common area near the pool. It has the rear IR burner for the rotisserie, and we swapped one of the burners out for an IR sear burner.
Beautiful grill, and has been pretty reliable. However, the sear burner completely disintegrated after 2 years. I mean a pile of mush. Because I am a chowderhead, I did not take pictures of it before I tossed it. The folks at Blaze told me that if I had pictures, they would have replaced it under warranty. I think that under normal usage the sear burner would last much longer. I am sure the tenants used it like a regular burner and shortened it's life.
Hope this helps!

I have no experienced with either so take the advice whatever it's worth. I've looked at the Blaze ones quite a bit over the past couple years. The reviews I've read I've read (anywhere other than BBQGuys) on the cheaper line haven't been great. The Pro versions use better materials and should hold up better but I haven't found a lot of real-world info on them.

One thing I don't like about them is that Blaze is the house brand of BBQGuys (and their related sites) and that's not something they make obvious. That doesn't mean the grills aren't great or that the information that's posted isn't accurate but it isn't as independent and unbiased as it's portrayed.

In terms of specs for the price though, it's really tempting.

Hi, thanks for the reply's! I have noticed that BBQ guys are really in love with the Blaze product. I have been on their site a few times and when I chat with them and ask their opinions on both Q's they are in favor of the Blaze referring to the quality of the steel, 304 VS 201. I haven't made up my mind yet, but I hope to figure it out in the next day or two. Thanks for the insight regarding BBQGuys, and for the real world experience with the Blaze BBQ, I appreciate it a lot!!

Real question is do you need a $4000 grill? Isn't there something just as good at a fifth that cost?

The Sedona has a large U shaped SS tube burner.

I dont need a grill costing 4k. I'm up in Canada so our prices are higher than in the US. A cast 3 burner Sabre is about 1600cdn. For price comparison the Sedona and Blaze are about 2500cdn.(clearance 50% off) A Napoleon Prestige of similar features and size is about 1500cdn.
If I'm going to have it for 15+ years an extra grand is reasonable IMO.

I thought I would let you guys know what I ended up getting. I put a deposit on a American Outdoor Grill! Model 30 PCL https://www.bbqguys.com/aog/america...s-grill-w-rotisserie-single-side-burner-30pcl
It has the rotisserie rear infrared burner and kit, plus a nice side burner. I can also replace one of the tube burners with a sear burner option. I went with this option for a few reasons, the price was $500 cheaper than the Sedona or Blaze Pro. It had 3 main burners rather than 2 like the Sedona. It is made in the USA and the quality is first rate. I got it for $2000cdn or about $1500usd so I am pretty happy with the price.
Thanks for the replies and advice, it is appreciated!

Bout 3 years ago I was in the market for a high quality gasser .....
COMPLETE 304 stainless construction was mandatory as was an effective grease drain system .
I researched them all - blaze,sedona,lynx,Viking,Weber summit series,Napoleon etc .... I mean all of them ...
I bought a 36” AOG and could not be happier .
The blaze is made in China.
The Sedona is 204 stainless JUNK - terrible long term reviews.

100% 304 construction may be significantly more expensive , but it is cheaper in the long run....

The AOG is made by Firemagic - arguably the best grills made - in fact it is almost identical to Firemagic in all respects regarding construction, with the exception of cast burners....

It is super easy to clean the inside - disassembles easy and no small nooks and crannies to collect gunk.... the disposable grease pan is a dream.

Parts are readily available from Firemagic and are reasonably priced .

You made a wise decision ... it will last decades.

Bk

I thought I would let you guys know what I ended up getting. I put a deposit on a American Outdoor Grill! Model 30 PCL https://www.bbqguys.com/aog/america...s-grill-w-rotisserie-single-side-burner-30pcl
It has the rotisserie rear infrared burner and kit, plus a nice side burner. I can also replace one of the tube burners with a sear burner option. I went with this option for a few reasons, the price was $500 cheaper than the Sedona or Blaze Pro. It had 3 main burners rather than 2 like the Sedona. It is made in the USA and the quality is first rate. I got it for $2000cdn or about $1500usd so I am pretty happy with the price.
Thanks for the replies and advice, it is appreciated!

Back