Where to next?

pyrojon

Found some matches.
Last year we toured Austin, we hit 9 of some of the best BBQ places in 7 days. (Franklin, Snows, Blacks, etc..). This year we are thinking of another tour in some other part of the country.
My question for you is, where should we go?

Thanks,
Jon

Were you thinking strictly BBQ, food in general, or just touring? Give us a bit more to go with and we can make suggestions .... There's a lot to see up in New England, for instance. :becky:

One of my favorite BBQ restaurants in the country is B.T.'s Smokehouse right in your backyard.

https://www.btsmokehouse.com/

Their Ruben sandwich is amazing and I could not believe how good they could make a hamburger taste. Everything there is outstanding, ... but they are CIA trained, so it is to be expected.

I think if you're capturing an area, I'd consider the Carolinas. You could even consider a Civil War theme and going from Virginia to South Carolina. There is a lot to see and a lot of good food. Just don't get your heart set on brisket. There are only a couple places I'd recommend for that. Remember BBQ is pork in the south and you'll be alright.

• Thanks
Reactions: EdF
How about heading to southern Illinois. Go through TN and or Kentucky then to St Louis. From there I'd take I-70 to Kansas City.

Back