where to buy propane tank for building smoker

workingdog

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Name or Nickame
Peter
My son wants to build a smoker out of a propane tank. I've called the local propane supply places - no luck. Looked on CraigsList - no luck. Where else can I look?

Look in Craigslists in other cities? Look long /far enough you are bound to find something. Getting it from there to you? That might be a different story.

2nd for craigslist might have to be patient. I don't facebook but, Facebook Market Place or maybe a scrap yard

Kingfisher, Oklahoma. They have some of the older ones with thicker steel.

I had two and basically got zero bites so I turned the 1,000 gallon model into a whistle for my pasture and two fire pits. The 500 gallon is waiting for me to decide on what and if I do a trailer smoker.

I do have an older 3,000 gallon diesel tank I could make a good deal on. Not sure you want a 9'x18' smoker though! :-D

closest I can find any on Craigs or Facebook is 2 hours away. Might have to make the drive.

My understanding was that propane professionals wouldn’t sell used tanks to end users due to liability issues.
New tanks - different story, more bucks. Not sure what legal issues CL sellers face.
Curious if I’m misinformed (I’m not in the market for one).

Back