THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I get mine from Carlie C's IGA and Kinlaw's in Fayetteville. Kinlaw's raises his own pigs and cattle. Meat is always fresh (hence the overwhelming blood smell in his store). Carlie C's has some of the prettiest butts I have seen anywhere.

in2que said:
Isn't the pork Albertsons carries injected with all kinds of stuff?

Yes. It's becoming more and more common, at least in my neck of the grocery woods. ALL the meat at Hell-Mart, for instance, is "pumped" with a sodium phosphate solution, even the beef. The chicken at Sam's is, too, but the beef and pork there seem okay. Since I have to watch my sodium intake, I pay close attention to these things.

brdbbq said:

For you all in DFW area try this place once especially the jalapeno sausage. They got some damn good pork butts as well but you got to ask for it as they don't display them they are used for sausage. Besides I don't see your typical Plano resident eating pork butt, not chick enough.

Local small town grocery store. First name basis with the butcher. Pretty good stuff and I never pay the counter price. Everything pretty much comes from there except for brisket. I get that from Wally-world. $1.28 per pound all day every day.

Bacon comes from a butcher shop in another town about 15 minutes away. MMMMM. Yums.

Publix Supermarket, Sam's and Costco, and sometimes a local processor- Local meaning a 2.5 hour round trip in the car to go buy something.

frognot said:
Usually a local gracer , like Brookshire's or Kroger's. Sometimes get meat at Sam's.

Favorite place for meat is Fischer's Meat Market in Muenster, TX (Between Gainesville and Wichita Falls) on Hiway 82. I hunt about 20 miles from there & they have great meat, especially sausages of all types. Also, do a great job processing wild game.

http://www.fischersmeatmarket.com/meatmarket.htm

I'll second that frognot. Used to take my deer up there to be made into sausages. Oh, and take me hunting. PM me.
Ty

Back