When wife’s away-monster steak night

Back9Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Wife took kid to Disney this weekend and left me to paint house. Was itching for the meat sweats so ran by local publix. They had a 4lb tomahawk which I can easily put down but I was in mood for a strip. Had them cut one at 1.75 lbs grabbed a tater and back to house

Going water bath at 106 for 2 hours then a mayo covered sear in a skillet. Lightly seasoned with S&P for bath and added some butter and thyme. Will post finished pics later

68d123ad359a1897bcaf4b87779ddd2b.jpg

abe0b8bcc913b3480d8e0d4530205a5b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nothing special. I like my steak extremely rare (Bleu) so I dont let IT go above 110F. This one finished at 108 after sear

Very nice You treated yourself well I like the strips but prefer the ribeye Love to sous vide steaks and then do a high heat cast iron sear

That looks good but I would have gone with the Tomahawk. I have never had a strip that was worth a crap, and I've cooked them myself, had them at the top steak restaurants (that really chaps my you know what when you pay 80 dollars and it still sucks) Maybe it's just me, but I'm a Ribeye or Filet guy.

Ribeye is my fav also but the one they had very little marbling. My fav thing about strip is fat along edge. To me has a better flavor than fat within ribeye wants seared

They had large picanha I need go back and grab

Have I been hiding under a rock? Mayo slather and sear.

Wow. I want that!

Bill

Have I been hiding under a rock? Mayo slather and sear.

Wow. I want that!

Bill

Noticed a few months ago but never tried it. Decided to give it a go and it works wonders. Not sure if it oil/fats involved but it develops an amazing crust

Wow. That looks so tasty. I’ve been doing mayo slathers on fresh fish for the grill for ages but never tried it on beef. By the way, do you like mayonnaise on your French Fries?

Back