When life hands you lemons, make brisket

dannypat21

is Blowin Smoke!
I've had a bit of a rough week. Car accident on Thursday, noone hurt just some damage to car. Coached my sons football team in a big game, went for the big pass instead of running the clock down running the ball and we threw an interception for a touchdown to lose the game. I felt like Pete Carrol not handing the ball off to Marshawn Lynch from the 1 yard line in the Super Bowl. And then to top it all off, I have been in the works to purchase a beautiful Shirley smoker from Arizona. Had lined everything up for the past month, me and my buddy got the time off work to head out tomorrow cash in hand and the guy decided he doesn't want to sell it. I'm a believer in things happen for a reason but I was so pumped on being an owner of a Shirley fabrication smoker. Instead of moping around I bought a couple briskets, a nice pork butt and a bottle of bourbon. Up at 2 to start the fire, doing what I love. Now to think about what smoker to spend this money on, I might just deal with the wait and get in line for a new Shirley.
9e0d2650b44337139851578e362ff247.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’d also recommend cracking that bottle of bourbon if you haven’t already. You deserve it after the week you had.

Besides, ya can’t drink all day if you don’t start in the morning!!

I’d also recommend cracking that bottle of bourbon if you haven’t already. You deserve it after the week you had.

Besides, ya can’t drink all day if you don’t start in the morning!!

Believe me I am tempted to crack it open. Will get some food in the belly first though!

Great philosophy. And a good lookin’ chunk of cow as well - hope it was Angus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Had friends over yesterday so did not get any sliced pics of the brisket but the wife made some killer mac and cheese. Made pulled pork sliders and sliced brisket. The bourbon hit the spot also!
8ef93ca15f675c107123f86eb7922b9f.jpg
f878a7d48bddba4ee89c371e3be266f9.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

As a dad of kids on sports teams, I am eternally grateful for the parents that volunteer to coach. I wouldn’t worry about the Pick 6. It’s a game and as long as the kids learn about the value of sportsmanship, teamwork, and hard work, that’s a big win in my book.

Good to see you quickly got back on the horse... with or without the bourbon.

Grub looks delicious.

Back