THE BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS

Welcome to The BBQ Brethren Community. Register a free account today to become a member and see all our content. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tommykendall said:
BrooklynQ said:
Solidkick said:
BrooklynQ said:
After a shitty corned beef experiment last weekend, tomorrow I'm back to spares.

so you tried that too.......I couldn't get the dog to eat it either......

Hard as a rock, dry as sand. I don't have a dog, so I had to eat it.

damn - either I like horse saddle or you guys ain't doing something right. Corned beef is already brined. I like to soak it water for at least 8 hours to help desalinate it before smoking. Smoke it like a brisket. Spray it with apple juice while cooking. Bring it to 185+ internal. wrap it in foil and let it rest. Slice across the grain. Make a Reuben or something. you know the drill. Surpised you haven't had good results. I buy a bunch of points around St Patty's day.

didn't soak it, didn't wrap it, and it was a small flat. Maybe I just didn't pay enough attention to it.

A bought a few points myself and had good luck. Used the TK marinade for the best results. Does have a unique flavor, made even better with some Southern Flavor. Used a rub with lots of sugar to cut the salt too.

Got a Pork Loin marinating in garlic and herbs, 2 slabs of ribs, and some chicken breasts getting ready for some smoke. Some some Lump Charcoal 40lb bag for 9.99 at local grocery store, have to get up there some time today.

Back